You're Not Supposed to be Mine (c!jschlatt x c!slimecicle)

i'm literally just churning out these oneshots lmaooo

It wasn't supposed to be like this. Charlie knew that. He knew that the person he was in love with was dangerous, and he knew that it was probably the stupidest possible idea to get himself involved.

And yet.

As he snuck through the dark streets of L'manburg, he couldn't help himself from feeling giddy. Just as long as no one saw him, he would soon be in the presence of the same person that made him feel like he was next to the sun.

The night was cool, lucky for him, making it so he didn't leave a little trail of slime behind him. Charlie quickened his pace, almost sprinting now. He was so close.

Charlie finally reached the house he had been trying to get to, creeping around the back and gently kicked at the door. The person inside knew he wasn't being rude, that was just the only way for him to knock. Slime didn't make a very loud sound when hit against a wooden door.

The door opened after less than a minute, clearly Charlie had been expected. "Hi-" Charlie said breathlessly, out of breath from both running, and from seeing the person in front of him.

"Heya," Schlatt said, nearly equally out of breath.

He let Charlie in quickly, making sure no one saw before closing the door behind them. "I didn't know if you would show up tonight," Schlatt said, almost hesitantly, turning to face Charlie.

"And miss an opportunity to see you?" Charlie grinned.

Schlatt smiled back then pressed himself into Charlie, holding the latter's shoulders and kissed him. Charlie almost gasped, still slightly unused to the idea of Schlatt wanting to have anything to do with him, but kissed back, his eyes closing automatically.

Schlatt pushed Charlie back while keeping their lips connected until Charlie's back hit a wall, unable to keep his tail from wagging at the speed of sound. He always got a little bit of a shock from kissing Charlie, but the shock was never unwelcome. The shorter boy was always surprisingly chill, his skin usually about ten degrees colder than the temperature around him. But it felt so nice, especially when Schlatt felt like he was on fire.

Charlie's fingers slowly ran through Schlatt's thick hair before settling on his horns, one hand gently gripping one horn, while the other traced along the lines that spiraled down the other of Schlatt's horns. Schlatt sighed, pressing himself harder into Charlie, almost wondering how Charlie wasn't melting just from the heat Schlatt felt in his face.

Unwillingly, he finally pulled away from Charlie to catch his breath, his eyes still closed. He felt Charlie's cold hands on his face and opened his eyes with a smile. Charlie smiled back, not doing anything other than admiring this man he was now incapable of living without.

Schlatt suddenly buried his face in Charlie's chest with a small sound Charlie hadn't realized that he was even capable of making. "You ok?" He asked, gently petting the back of Schlatt's head.

"I missed you," Schlatt muttered, his voice slightly muffled.

Charlie's heart swelled at the thought of Schlatt missing him. "Did you?"

"Mmm hmm..."

"Well, I guess we gotta make the most of this visit then, huh?" Charlie said gently, and Schlatt nodded, looking up and grabbing Charlie's hand and pulling him to the couch.

He sat down and basically yanked Charlie down next to him before snuggling into Charlie's side, trying his best to not stab Charlie with one of his horns. Charlie found this adorable to no end, seeing as he had already told Schlatt about five times prior that he didn't need to be that careful, because there was virtually no way for him to hurt Charlie.

He curled up, resting his head on top of Schlatt's, closing his eyes, embracing the warmth he was soaking up from Schlatt. Even though he knew how dangerous Schlatt was known to be, this was somehow the place he felt most safe.

"I'm sorry we have to be so secretive or whatever the fuck..." Charlie muttered. "If you picked anybody else, it wouldn't be like this."

"You're not supposed to be mine, but you are, and I wouldn't have it any other way," Schlatt said, almost aggressive in his response.

"No, neither would I," Charlie agreed quietly, secretly happy that Schlatt was so possessive over him.