Chapter 26

Amy's POV

I felt Ricky's grip on me tighten around my waist, my eyes shot up, the bright lights burning my eyes.

"Hey Ames. How you doing?" My dads voice asked as I looked around the hospital room.

I looked down at Ricky to see a piece of hair had fallen in front of his face, I moved it out of the way and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. I looked back at my dad, a small smile forming on my face.

"Better, now that Ben and Bob are back in Jail and Ricky is alive. Where is everyone?" I said.

"Your mom and Kathleen are getting coffee at the cart and Ashley is watching John and Robby in the hall." He said with a small smile.

"I want John." I whispered. He nodded his head and walked out, a second later he came back with my little boy. "Mommy." John yelled running up into the bed, I lifted him up and sat him in my lap.

"Hi my sweet boy. But we need to be quiet, Daddy needs his rest. He was hurt and needs to heal up, even if he's stubborn and won't admit he's in pain." I whispered a small tear rolling down my face.

"I'm fine Amy." I heard him sleepily mumble in his pillow.

"So you are awake? Then give me a good morning kiss. And say good morning to our wonderful son." I teased.

He jolted out of bed. He placed a kiss on Johns head and pulled my lips to his, we kissed for what felt like five minutes, love and passion evident in the kiss. We finally pulled apart when we heard the door open and saw my mom and Kathleen walked back in with my dad.

"Looks like somebody's feeling better." Kathleen teased us, seeing our messed up hair and red faces. I smiled, simply nodding my head.

"Can we go home now, I don't like hospitals." I said.

Just as I said that Dr. Robbins walked in, clipboard in hand. "That's actually what I came to talk to you about. All your tests came back normal so here are the discharge papers I promised last night." She said handing me the clipboard, I quickly signed everything, eager to go home.

My dad and Kathleen left, letting me, Ricky and John to pack up our stuff and leave.

I sighed in relief that we could finally put this whole thing behind us as I felt the old air hit my face as Ricky pushed me outside in the wheelchair.

"We should get a house, I mean with the babies coming in a few months, we will need to get a bigger apartment place to fit us all." I blurted out as I looked out the window.

I looked over at Ricky, a small smile on his face as if he knew something. "What?" I asked him in confusion.

"Well while you were sleeping I thought the same thing and started looking at neighborhoods that are in our school district that still had a great school for John and the babies once they are old enough to go to school." He said, rubbing his hand on my shoulder with his loving smile.

"We're actually go to look at one now." He admitted.