S01E10 The Rise and Fall! What We Do For Loved Ones! (Part Two)

***

As Maximus' muscles continued to expand, his entire shirt ripped clean off, as his arms reappeared in place. The DNA of six different people was flowing through his veins, making him more powerful than ever. Kore rushed over and they locked hands, a battle of strength. This is a test that Maximus would win however, pushing Kore through the dirt, laughing as he did. He then lifted Kore up into the air and brought him back down, smashing him into the ground. He started wailing on him with incredible strength, creating cracks in the ground, the hole getting dug deeper with each strike.

Kore wouldn't stay down for long though, as he caught Maximus' fist and delivered a punch of his own right into his face. Kore got up off the ground and the two monsters clashed, throwing punches and kicks like no tomorrow. They were both even stronger and faster than ever before, Mortimer couldn't believe his eyes. He was scared that he would somehow get caught in the crosshairs as the two behemoths went toe to toe.

Kore shrieked towards the skies, as he clawed at Maximus' face, who responded by kicking him in the stomach. Maximus then took his right palm and raised it into the air, controlling the ground around Kore and causing rocks to come flying up into the air and straight at him. Kore raised his guard and blocked them but as he lowered his arms, Maximus came flying back over, punched him in the face then vanished.

Kore looked around, he had no idea where Maximus went. All he could hear was Maximus' piercing laughter. A giant arm then crept out from Kore's shadow, and grabbed him from behind, pulling him back into the dirt. The arm wrapped its way around Kore's throat who started battling for air, kicking and clawing at the arm, trying to remove its grip. Another giant arm then appeared out of Kore's chest and started batting him in the stomach over and over again.

Kore then used all his might to pull at the arm around his throat, despite the other arm still punching his stomach, and slowly started to stand up. Maximus' head then popped out from the shadow and Kore pulled him out before tossing him overhead and sending him over into a pile of rubble and debris from a nearby building. Kore then grabbed the arm attached to his stomach, yanked it out and snapped its bone in half. He threw it aside as Maximus screamed from underneath the rubble.

Maximus, now with only one arm, slowly emerged from the rubble, shaking pieces of broken rock off of him as he stood up. He picked up a steel rebar, and looked at Mortimer. He gave him a nod, and Mortimer pulled out a remote control and pressed a button. The weather in the Kingdom immediately changed from sunny to gloomy, dark rain clouds forming overhead. He raised the rebar above his head with a scream and a bolt of lightning came soaring down from the sky, sparking the rebar and engulfing it with lightning.

It crackled and surged as Maximus came flying forwards, swinging the rebar around, Kore narrowly dodging each attack by the skin of his teeth. He was too slow to dodge one attack however, as it connected with his chin, leaving behind a large burn mark. Maximus swung again, and Kore caught the rebar in his hands. It electrocuted him but he kept hold, struggling for the weapon. Using all his strength, he managed to wrestle the rebar away from the grip of Maximus, and whacked him in the face before discarding it. Maximus moved back, breathing heavily.

"No matter what I do," he huffed. "You keep thwarting my plans! Well let's see if I can beat you at your game..."

Maximus' broken arm reappeared in its socket, and he snapped it back in place, wincing. He then reached both hands to his face and started trying to peel his own skin much like Kore did earlier. He managed to rip a piece of his forehead off but that's all he could muster. He kept trying but it was no use. Kore started laughing.

"You don't get it, do you?" Kore said, his voice low and raspy. "You can't win with these borrowed powers. They're not your own, meaning you aren't capable of mastering them."