S01E02 Hot On Their Trail! Elite Guard Boomie Rang! (Part One)

As the smoke settled, Ash's arm fell to the ground, and Siphon plummeted into the dirt, writhing around in pain. Ash mustered enough energy to look over at his foe, there was no mistaking it. Somehow, despite having liters of his blood drained, Ash had won the fight. Sheriff Siphon was no longer an obstacle. However, Siphon still had a small amount of energy left, and began clawing his way through the dirt over to Ash. He raised his blood-sucking leg, and attempted to wrap it around Ash's neck but Kore stomped on it, and kicked Siphon away with brute force.

"You've lost," he said. "Man up and face the fact."

Ash smiled. "Yeah, you tell him."

Onlookers had no idea what to think, who was the hero in this fight, and who was the villain? Suddenly, alarms began to sound engulfing the entire Frontier. Marianne acted quickly, and ran around the side of the saloon, no response as Snout asked her where she was going. Kore picked Ash up, cradling him in his arms as the boy coughed and wheezed, in no shape to stand whatsoever.

"I sure wish we had our bikes right now," Scabs called out, a flock of drones hovering their way.

As if to answer his prayers, Marianne came back around the saloon, riding on the seat of a carriage pulled by a sturdy white and brown draft horse with a long, unkempt mane. The horse trotted over to where Kore stood with Ash, and Marianne instructed them to get in. Carefully, Kore placed Ash in the back of the carriage, then hopped in beside him. Scabs ran over and jumped in too, alerting them of the nearing drones. Beak and Snout ran up and tried to get in too but Kore stopped them.

"It's too dangerous," he warned them. "Stay here, we'll keep your friend safe. I promise."

"But we need to stick with our club's President!" Beak wailed.

"Not this time. If you want to help, go home and stay with your parents. Your President's a fugitive in the eyes of the Sanctuary now."

Marianne pulled the reins of the draft horse and away they went, the drones in tow. They sped through the path of onlookers, and traveled down the road as people from the neighborhood came out of their houses. The drones got closer, and as they did, light machine guns extended out the sides and began to shoot. Kore stood up in the back of the carriage and with quick reflexes, managed to catch the bullets before damage was done. He threw a few of the bullets back, and took down three drones, each one crashing into the dirt.

The onslaught from the drones was not done there however, as more emerged through the smoke. It was Scabs' turn, who made both of his arms disappear, and reappear on the backs of the drones. He dug his fists down deep, and ripped the wiring out of two separate drones. That was five down, but still at least 20 more to go. Kore and Scabs kept doing what they had been doing, taking down drone after drone but these little machines weren't going down without a fight. As the numbers dropped, the more the Aces could rest. Until...

"Out in front!" Marianne shrieked.

Kore turned his attention to the front of the carriage, as a larger drone, at least three times the size of the last lot hovered overhead, some kind of laser cannon hanging from the bottom of the aircraft. As it began to charge its beam, Kore acted quickly, leaping from the carriage and grabbing onto the cannon, its barrel a bright orange from the heat. As he swung to the right, the laser shot out, narrowly missing the carriage and hitting a power pole, knocking several others down with a domino effect.

As Marianne swerved the carriage from left to right, down different streets of the town, Kore tried to direct the drone each same way. The cannon charged up another shot but before the blast could emerge, Kore shimmied his way up onto the back of the drone, using his might to pull it backwards and aim it up at the simulated sky, the beam leaving a big crack in the overhead screen. Kore then punched the back of the drone and leapt off of it, landing safely back into the carriage as the drone swiveled out of control and crashed into someone's front yard. In the clear, the carriage exited the town, and off into the desert our heroes went.