Chapter 66 - Dragon King's Assault

It hadn't taken Velios too long to disguise himself and the black cat sitting on his shoulder. "Hey, what are we going to do now? You broke into the chamber to release me, and you don't even have a plan? Stop joking." Shiva thought that Velios was joking yet again, but he was fully telling the truth. "Well, the truth is, the dragons are going to hold this tournament that I'm going to be a part of because I get to fight a bunch of strong dragons. I heard that even captains and knights from the first battalion are going to fight." Shiva just looked at Velios. "You really do like to fight, huh? But where are we even going? You already said that the tournament wouldn't start for like two days." Velios landed on a roof and stopped. "You know, you really did ask a good question. I have no idea where we should go. Right, almost forgot. You still have to teach me all of the demonic magic. It's not like I was ever welcome in this city in the first place." Velios continued jumping from roof to roof without a clear conviction of where he was going. "So what are you even doing here in the first place?" Shiva asked. "So basically, a dragon told me there was a city here, so we traveled here, broke in together, and then we got separated. Then we promised to meet up again..." Velios had forgotten that Ragaja was still in it with him.

Velios picked up traces of Ragaja's magic since he had remembered his specific mana. Shiva almost went flying off Velios' shoulder because of how fast he was going. It did only take a small moment before Velios realized that Ragaja was inside the Royal Palace, and not only that, he was speaking to the king. Velios could sense a feeling of emergency spring into him as if something was going wrong, as if Ragaja was in danger. Maybe it was only because he knew how strong the king was, but it's not like Ragaja would be dead forever even if he did die. Velios felt a feeling of responsibility as his master and therefore could not leave him alone. It was already bad enough that Velios had completely forgotten his existence before just a few moments ago. Velios made sure to keep himself hidden enough so that no one would notice him. Fortunately, he had arrived well in time to actually get to listen to what they were talking about.

"Yes, your majesty, I am here to report my mission on the human city you sent me to as requested." It looked like Ragaja had just begun speaking. "Yes, child. You may begin." The king was as serious as before when Velios listened to him. The king always seemed to be on guard although he was surrounded by nothing but dragons, excluding Velios and Shiva. "Yes, your majesty. I can report... that the mission was a fail. An unexpected enemy had appeared that managed to render our attempts at destruction useless. We were forced to retreat to avoid further damage since it could have been a life-threatening situation." Ragaja was confident in his way of speaking, but Velios knew what was going on. Ragaja was profusely shaking and sweating just by the mere presence of the king and could barely manage to speak normally to try and hide it. Velios knew exactly what it was, and he didn't doubt that the king most likely knew.

"Is that so? What was this so-called 'unexpected enemy' that had appeared, powerful enough to render attacks from both an inferior dragon and a superior dragon knight in training?" Ragaja was unsure of how he was going to respond to the king. Velios could also feel Ragaja's doubt as if they had an invisible connection. Ajagar didn't seem to currently be with them, so Velios guessed that she most likely was somewhere in the city doing her own thing. "A-Ah, you see. We couldn't exactly see what it was—" "Don't play dumb with me, boy. I know very well that you know what it was. Or was it that you lied? Did you betray us to join the side of them humans? Tell me the truth!" Ragaja was shaken by the king's sudden switch in voice. Ragaja didn't really think about it at first, but he had realized why the king was so angry and for a good reason. If there actually was something powerful enough to take down both of them, then it could potentially be a threat to the king and his people. Ragaja didn't get a chance to answer before the king started talking again.

"Or is it that the 'enemy' that you are talking about is the person in this room?" Ragaja was confused, and Velios could feel his heart drop for just a second. It wouldn't be a problem even if the king did decide to attack, but he was more shocked that the king knew of his position. "You seem to be severely underestimating me, fool. Since I didn't sense any bloodlust from you earlier, I let you be on your own, but don't think my patronage is enough for you to do it twice without consequence." After the king had finished speaking, Ragaja had stopped shaking as he was confused at what was going on. He couldn't see anybody else in the room, and despite looking around, he couldn't see anybody else. As soon as Ragaja looked back at the king, he was gone. Instead, a sound could be heard from behind him that sounded like swords clashing. Ragaja looked back to find the king with his sword, pressing against none other than his master, Velios, who had made a sword out of mana, solidifying it so that it wouldn't simply break and imbuing it with mana to make sure it was stronger.

"Not so nice to bring out a weapon into a fight against a person who isn't even allowed to use them!" Velios shifted his grip to move the king's sword out of the way so that he successfully penetrated his sword through the right shoulder of the king. Velios was barely using mana, and the king had severely underestimated Velios as well. Being the king, he had never had anybody stronger than him. Even when he was a child, he was so strong that adults couldn't keep up with him. He's basically lived a life of winning. Velios, on the other hand, has lost countless times in his life. Even in the game, because of his weakness, he has caused great suffering upon others for not being able to protect them, and the number of times he lost on Earth was probably in the hundreds. The difference between the two of them that made the fight immediately shift into one direction was caused by a single thing. The difference in their battle IQs.

The king screamed as mana equivalent to the size of a house was being released from his body as he began attacking Velios. Even if Velios did sustain an injury, it would heal within milliseconds, and Velios could accurately tell exactly what the king was going to do. Velios wasn't even taking the fight seriously, and if there were any people who knew that far too well, it was Shiva and Ragaja. As the fight continued, it had moved to the sky, as the roof was almost immediately destroyed after the fight begun. The two of them flew through the air, swinging their swords while creating beautiful traces of mana in the sky, as the speeds they flew around with were so fast no one would actually be able to see where they were if it weren't for the traces of mana left behind. A huge part of the surroundings was destroyed just by the sheer physical power and powerful waves of mana that emitted from them.

"Exciting! Astounding! Simply excellent!" The king had a bright smile on his face, despite not having landed a single strike on him yet. Velios responded with the same kind of smile, happy that he got the chance to fight someone truly strong. Velios hadn't even seen the king's true power. The king's swordplay was only decent when compared to the modern world back on Earth with the amount of knowledge humans possess, but even so, you could see how optimized his technique was for fighting and for war, but Velios was still technically better. Even so, the king made up for what he lacked in both sheer brute strength and magical prowess. This is definitely the monster with the most magic Velios has ever faced, and the fight had still just begun. The king seemed to get stronger the longer the fight was unfolding. He was capable of using more mana at once, and Velios had a much harder time dodging. The fire was so hot to the point where Velios' skin would suffer burn damage. It was only thanks to his insanely overleveled healing skills that he wasn't actually taking any damage since it healed as soon as damage was caused.

The king's sword was broad and heavy, but it looked like a light sword the way he was swinging it around. A massive fire had started to appear around the sword, and with every swing, a massive fire beam followed. The sky was filled to the brim with magical attacks everywhere, and if Velios was even a millisecond too slow, he would have to face the consequences. Velios didn't want to think about it, but if he actually received even one of the king's attacks at once, he would most likely not be in proper physical condition to dodge anymore, which would mean game over if he was any normal person. Velios had managed to create some distance not so that he could have an easier time to defend himself but so that he could initiate his attack. "What?! Too scared to move are ya'?" The dragon king was too full of himself as his self-esteem was currently through the roof. Velios let out a terrifying shriek that reverberated throughout the whole capital. The king's eardrums had immediately ruptured. As the powerful magic-imbued sound waves had hit him, a big part of his body had become almost completely shattered as if it was a wine-glass.