Chapter 10

QOD "When a prince loves you, life becomes a fairytale written in the ink of destiny." - Unknown

Like who ?

My inner bitch almost started a fight, but I beat her down, like who?

Wait was that how they court girls in katsina? Wow classic!

I was furious and went straight to my room, ignoring the crowd. I left Afeeyah with her guys, it was certain I had nothing to do there.

Went to my room laid down on the sofa ignoring everything else and practicing the art of breathing, I thought about many things that could have gone right with Bilal, and maybe we could have been friends since he wasn't much of a talker, but he sank the ship even before the relationship started.

I was still in my thought when Afeeyah broke in silently, "Afeeyah why did you leave like that?"

"Why won't I ?"

"What happened? I thought everything was okay?"

I ignored the question, they were beginning to be too much.

"Did we do anything wrong? Did I say something."

I heaved a sigh before saying "No. it wasn't you."

"was it Aseem? Or was it Bilal did he try to touch you in a way? Or say something wrong."

I had all the energy to snap back, but I choosed not to, just so I don't cause chaos at my favorite cousin's wedding.

Instead, I unlocked my phone and pass it to her, she didn't bother looking at it and she mouthed, "what happened again? Did somebody die? Or did you get fired?"

Fired? The Admiral's daughter never gets fired, I quit if I want to.

"Just check." I snapped.

"Fairu is it because of this text that you're this furious? There's nothing wrong with one liking you."

"I know, but who does that on a first day."

She let out a small laugh before saying, "it's normal around here, the only extraordinary thing here is that a royalty asked a non royalty out."

She giggled and looked at me who was practically looking at her with a bombastic side eye.

"This is good news, everyone should hear this." She said.

"Hear what? I asked defensively, "no one should, there's nothing interesting about that."

"You never had a boyfriend and it's a great win for your first Boyfriend to be a prince, you have no idea what that means. It's like hitting a jackpot my dear."

She continued. "Royalty, riches, trips, respect, you'll earn that from everyone, everywhere you go, you'll practically be a walking red carpet, turning heads everywhere you go."

See that's the thing, none of those things interests me, all that glitter might be gold for some, but honestly, I'm just aiming for a quiet, simple life.

It was like I was an unlikely contestant in this unexpected fairy tale.

"Don't tell me you're turning down the proposal of a Prince?" She asked. As if the thought of it to her was like a dream a come true.

"Afee he didn't propose."

"I see, you have no idea what it means for a Prince to like you."

"You're just exaggerating this, there's nothing special about it, just keep it between us."

She let out a loud laugh, before saying "Aunty has to hear this."

"I'm taking Aunty to be someone else because it can't be Mum."

"Well it is, your Mum has to hear this, who turns down the proposal of a Prince? Do you know the status Aunty will earn?"

"Stop being dramatic."

"No you stop!"

I tried to get a hold of her, but she slipped away, she ran, almost like she was fleeing to Mum's room, as I walked right after her, she whispered something in My Mum's ear, before I got there which had made me take a walk pause.

Making the air feel secretive. It left me curious, wondering about the hidden talk that just went down, hoping she'd change the topic at hand.

And quickly Mum averted her gaze towards me with anger laced in her eyes and voice as she spoke loudly.

"Dan sarkin ta ke ki? You mean the crowned prince of katsina, what is Wrong with Fairuzah."

I know how Mum could be dramatic, and the fact that she's been wanting to hook me up with any guy, the case at hand was a project, and she'll not stop until she succeed.

Oh boyyy! Who turns down
a Prince proposal for God sake ?
Todays quote says it all!
Lt. Naz 🤍✨
Thanks for following up.