Special 2: Parents Day (Part 1/2)

Proofread by de0borac

* * * * * *

"What's that?"

"Babe..."

Charlie pressed his voice firmly. Babe saw Charlie coming with someone. He was sitting on the couch and he saw Charlie's face, alternating with the little creature holding his hand with a worried expression on his face.

"Who's that?"

A small voice asked with clear eyes. This meant that the little one couldn't understand the situation. He also seemed confused as to why Charlie had brought him to this room. He said he would take him to a fun place but this place didn't seem fun at all.

"Uncle..." Charlie held his mouth, refusing to finish speaking. After turning around and seeing his expression, it seemed like he was about to rush over and strangle his head. Therefore, he had to quickly change his pronouns before the cruel scene in his imagination became reality. "This is Phi Babe."

"Baby?" said the little boy, repeating Charlie's words and turning his head towards the person sitting on the sofa in ignorance.

"Yes, Phi Babe," Charlie repeated. "Say hello to Phi Babe."

"Hello, Phi Babe. My name is Martin, I'm four years old."

The little human greeted and introduced himself eloquently. He seemed to speak exactly as his father taught him, and must have said it many times before to be able to speak so casually like this.

Babe, who saw that the little boy had fully introduced himself, did not answer. He glanced at the little boy in a sailor suit who was holding Charlie's hand with a straight face. Meanwhile, Charlie is very happy with his reaction, because he knows his boyfriend is not very good with children. Besides, he still had never faced a child at all, so he had no idea how things would turn out today.

Maybe he should have looked after the parents instead of the children, but who knows, what happened was not at all what Charlie thought. Babe opened his arms and looked straight at Martin. And what was even more surprising was that Martin himself let go of his hand, then left him and immediately ran towards Babe. He also climbed up and sat on his boyfriend's lap,not looking afraid at all .

What's this?

"Your name is Martin?" Babe asked the little boy in a low voice. Usually people will smile and make small sounds like other adults do when talking to children. But Babe spoke to him as usual as if he was talking to an adult.

"Crap."

"Where are your parents?"

"Papa went to Dubai."

"Then why didn't Martin go with him?"

"Martin is afraid of flying," answered Martin clearly.

"So, you're here to trouble Charlie and compete with me?"

"Babe," Charlie hissed again. When Babe started to talk to Martin like an adult Charlie walked over and sat next to them, "Don't talk to a child like that."

"Right," Babe answered quietly, before turning to make eye contact with the child in his lap and continuing to speak. "Why don't you stay with a babysitter?"

Charlie held his temples. He admitted that he had much higher expectations when he saw Babe let Martin sit on his lap so that Martin himself didn't seem afraid of being squeezed at all. But he had to realize that things wouldn't be that easy because in reality, right now Babe was looking for trouble with a four year old child about the most ridiculous topics.