Chapter 20 (Part 1/2)

Proofread by de0borac

* * * * *

"Is P'Babe still crying? Has he eaten anything?"

"Luk, my wound hasn't healed yet!" said Uncle, as Charlie moved without thinking even though he had just barely gotten up.

"Oh, sit down, don't move around too much!" Jeff said quietly while looking at his brother with annoyed eyes. He was just close to death, but still couldn't stop feeling excited and worried about Babe. But, when it comes to himself, I don't think he's interested at all. He's totally worth it to be hit!

"How is P'Babe?" Charlie kept repeating the same question because he still didn't get the answer he wanted . But at the same time, he stepped back and sat on the sofa because he knew that if he didn't answer him, he would still be stubborn. "You said he doesn't want to eat. Has he eaten today?"

"I'm not sure because we separated at the funeral, but yesterday he was forced to eat." Jeff answered while sitting on the small sofa next to the long sofa that Charlie was sitting on. "When it comes to crying, he can't stop. I don't know what to do either."

"I shouldn't have done this." Charlie looked guilty for the umpteenth time since the incident. The more he realized how much Babe was suffering from what had happened, the more he felt like he was a bad person. "I should have known P'Babe definitely couldn't take it and he would definitely cry for a long time."

"But you've made up your mind, Charlie. Sitting and thinking like this is useless."

"I know, but I feel sorry for him."

"Or do you want to have children with him?"

"That's crazy, Jeff. He even told me not to talk about it." Charlie's face became painful once again as he thought about the most unimaginable event in the world.

"Hey, didn't you say you missed your brother? But when your brother came to see you, you both started arguing with each other."

Uncle said in a low tone as he placed a cup of hot chocolate and a large oatmeal cookie in front of Jeff. The young man then bowed his head lightly to the kind old man in gratitude. Of course, this wasn't just for the drinks and pastries, but also for everything this man had helped them with.

"I'm not arguing. But look what Jeff said!"

"What?" Uncle raised an eyebrow in confusion as he sat down next to Charlie. "Is this about having children?"

"Oh, why do you say it like that?" Charlie was given the creeps, while Jeff could only smile sheepishly at him, amazed that his older brother was acting more and more strangely with each passing day. One of the strange things was the fact that Charlie quickly became close to Uncle, even though he was usually someone who was not good at getting to know people. But look now, he's only been with Uncle for a few days, and he's already good at putting on a good face.

Seeing this, made him realize once again that they really were taking that risk. From the beginning, they debated to death whether to take this crazy plan or not, but finally, now that Charlie was not doing well, Jeff became close to the uncle who helped them.

..

..

2 weeks ago

"No!! Are you crazy?"

Charlie flatly rejected Jeff's suggestion of the most likely solution at this time.

"Charlie..." Jeff said firmly when Charlie just tried to refuse. He knew his plan didn't sound worth following. But he thought about it until his head was about to explode, to get a map with a high chance of success and as few risks as possible like this. "I know you don't want to do this. But there is no other way."