Chapter 13 (Part 1/2)

Proofread by LhilyBarbie

* * * * 

Water droplets followed Babe's every step. He was drenched from head to toe with his face looking pale and white. His fingertips were withered and his entire body shook uncontrollably making it difficult to support himself in the room. However, the cause was not because his body was wet or cold but the real cause was within.

Babe staggered into the bedroom and carelessly threw the car keys onto the bed. He walked beside the bed not knowing what he should think or do first. During the entire trip back, he barely focused on driving or traffic as he kept thinking about what happened. Thinking about it over and over and mixing it up with everything that happened in the past. Not just when Charlie started to enter his life but since he lived in that house.

The memories at home were not something he wanted to remember at all. He refused to return there for years but in the end, it only took him a few seconds to drive there because he thought the bastard was going to hurt Charlie. He worried the man would use Charlie as a tool to pull him back into that vicious spiral but in reality, it's quite the opposite.

Charlie deserved to be there. The child was another child of the man he once called Pa.

When he thought about it, he realized his relationship with that man was no different from his relationship with Charlie. The man used to be the one who reached out and made his life better but he knew nothing about his generosity. He didn't even know his real name because that person always told him to be called Pa. Since childhood, he thought Pa was a rich businessman. He was not married and had no children, and because of this, often adopted underprivileged children of which he was one. He always thought Pa was a kind man who wanted to help his fellow humans but the story had reached a turning point. He found out about the man's true nature when he was still in high school.

Pa not only took care of poor children but also special ones. Children who were of the alpha gender and had characteristics special enough to create powers for themselves. When Babe first came into the house, two other boys had lived there before him. He never spoke to them once because their father didn't like them playing together. He placed them on opposite sides of the mansion preventing them from ever interacting. Both children appeared normal which made him not know from the start that each of them had something more than ordinary people do including himself. He was unaware of what was special about him until the day he had a serious talk with his father and the man revealed he had better senses than other children or adults.

Things came to a head when he heard the housekeepers working in the left wing talking while his room was in the right wing of the mansion. The servants often brought up gossip about his father but what happened that afternoon was more than just nonsense gossip.

The people called Master and Elder by the housekeeper were Enigma. At first, he didn't even know what Enigma was so he tried searching and asking his bodyguards and found out that it was something special. You can call him Alpha Leader again. The number of these people was very small, far less than Omega. Each person has different characteristics. Some people may have very good eyesight while others can hypnotize. But one thing they had in common was that Enigmas can turn any alpha that has sex with them into an omega and get them pregnant. The child born will have a 99 percent chance of becoming a true alpha and inheriting 100 percent of the characteristics of his father and mother.

But that wouldn't be a problem at all if it weren't for the fact that he was so sure that he was just an ordinary alpha. He's not an Enigma and because of that, things started to click more and more for him.