Chapter 16 (Part 1/2)

Proofread by giuls18_

* * * * * *

Unexpected events and unthinkable truths caused Babe to sit in silence for almost an hour. He felt like he understood what Charlie was saying, even though he didn't know some things. And every time his eyes accidentally glanced at his best friend who was lying unconscious on the floor because of Charlie's handwork, he suddenly became deaf. He didn't know how this could happen. For a moment, he suddenly thought that this might just be his nightmare. But the sad thing was that, no matter how hard he tried, he could never seem to wake up from his dream.

"Are you sure you're ready?"

Charlie asked again with a worried expression, while Babe thought about it. Even if he sat there until morning, he would never be truly prepared for this, so whatever happened now, in an hour or even a few days from now, if he could choose, he would not want to face this problem. But unfortunately, people like him had no such choice.

"Hm..." Babe nodded lightly, Charlie who received the signal stared at Babe's face for a moment, who seemed to need time to get ready. Before the tall boy stood up from the sofa, Charlie walked towards where Way was unconscious, his expression clearly distressed. But he couldn't do anything but squat beside the unconscious person and reach out his hand to gently touch Way's forehead.

It was as if he was using magic, because only a few seconds after Charlie put his hand to Way's forehead, the person who was lying unconscious slowly opened his eyes with a confused expression.

"Charlie..." The first person Way saw was Charlie. The tall figure called out the boy's name with a surprised expression. Of course Way probably didn't expect to meet Charlie here. Especially at times like this, it feels even stranger. "...Babe."

The next name that came out of Way's mouth was the name of his best friend. Meanwhile, the owner of that name just sat on the sofa and looked at him with cold eyes, which made Way feel scared when he saw those eyes, because in all the time they had known each other, Babe had never looked at him with a look like that before. The attitude of that person made him rack his brains about what happened before.

The last image he remembered was him burying his face in Babe's chest. Meanwhile, his hands were trying to take off his friend's trousers.

His face paled as he remembered what had brought him to this strange situation and Babe's eyes filled with pain. The tall young man swallowed hard, he slowly got up and looked at Babe as if he wanted to say something. His hands were shaking because he knew what was waiting for him, but at least for now he could approach Babe and hold his hand tightly, maybe that would calm him down a little.

Phew!

But how many steps can he take? Charlie, who had been standing quietly next to Babe, immediately positioned himself in front of him. The young man looked at him with an expression he wasn't sure he'd ever seen before, but it was definitely not normal for a kid like Charlie. It's not strange for other people to experience this kind of reaction. But in his eyes, it was too annoying for this kid to act like he had rights towards Babe like that.

"Retreat," Way whispered softly, his face expressionless.

"You're the one backing off," Charlie whispered back in a calm tone. But the eyes of others looking at him were just as sharp as if he took half a step closer towards Babe, this kid would either break his arms and legs in half or he could do something more drastic without feeling the slightest regret. "Dare you take one more step. This time, you won't sleep soundly like before."