Inevitable

Namsoon almost choked as she forgot to chew the Ox blood as she gulp immediately after hearing his answer.

Why is his answer to her questions always so heartbreaking to listen?

Nam-soon stared at him, but it wasn't pity at all, her desire to protect him had risen to a whole new level.

Nam-soon: *thoughts*
*The more I get to know him, the more I realize he is like a child sometimes. Innocent and Pure.
But How did he grew up to become someone who is too cruel not only to everyone around him, but including himself*

Nam-soon: *looks at him seriously and as she made up her mind*
Si-o, I'm sorry I send you off without doing anything to you last night. I won't do it next time. So let me make it up to you this time.

Si-o raise his head after taking a sip of the soup.
He had his suspicion now whenever Nam-soon say such misleading things most of the time, that he is no longer surprise anymore.
It was only because of her poor Korean Language, was the most rational reason for him.

Nam-soon got up from her chair and use the table as support, as she leaned closer towards him. She had tilted her head and kissed his lips.

Si-o spoon made a clattering sound, as he drop it on the table.
It was the only noise inside the restaurant. It was as if they were the only people in the world at that moment.

Nam-soon had thought it seriously.
She had a lot of chances after going back in time. She still hadn't figure out how she did it or what in the universe happened but this is her second chance or maybe her last chance to save him.

She didn't want to wait anymore, she'll just do it like she always do before. Run forward without any hesitation.

So she got up, gazed into Si-o eyes, and kissed that lips, she wanted to taste before.

After a few seconds, she pulled away slowly.
She look at Si-o startled expression, and smiled like a thief who just stole a treasure. His first kiss.

Nam-soon:The taste of the beef Short rib soup was too strong.

She looks at Si-o again, who was frozen stiff after the kiss.

Nam-soon: I'll make you that Chocolate and Vanilla, you want before Si-o.
So it taste sweet next time.

Si-o: *still recovering from the kiss, his brain had shut down*
There's a next time?

Nam-soon didn't answer his question, instead she leaned her elbow at the table and rested her chin on her hand. As she look at him adoringly.

Nam-soon:
Si-o, Call me if you get a hang-over again, after drinking alcohol.
or better yet don't drink anymore unless its necessary or a special occassion.

She sat up straight and raise her pinky finger to him.

Nam-soon: pinky promise?

Si-o reach out his left hand but instead of interlocking his pinky finger.
He covered her hand with his.

Si-o looks at Nam-soon seriously, he have his guard up. He could not believe she would develop affection for him.
A strong person like her would have feelings for him? Does he deserve her?

Si-o: I can't promise you that.

Si-o pursed his lips, preventing himself from asking her a crucial question, and he was dubious and afraid of what her answer would be.

Si-o: *softly like a whisper*
Tsetseg, Why do you want me to call you?

Nam-soon had seen Si-o doubtful expression. She tried to sound him lightly after what she did, but it looks like she pushed him to raise his guard up.

Nam-soon: *thoughts*
* He wasn't like this in the past. He was always the one being too straightforward with me, making me feel bewildered in the past.........*

She managed to reverse his grip, and it was her holding his hand this time.
She carefully pulled him towards her.

Nam-soon: *thoughts*
*Then this time all I need is to pull him to me , with everything I have*

Nam-soon: *whispers softly as she look into his eyes*
Because I like you Si-o.
I had travelled through space and time and I found you.

When he heard her answer, Si-o eyes was shaken with emotion. Feelings he had never felt before, affection he had never been given by anyone before.

Nam-soon saw his face changed from doubtful to being bewildered.
She smiled lightly. It is always nice seeing a new expression on his emotionless face.

Nam-soon:
What's wrong?
Are you troubled by my affection for you?

She leans closer to him, close enough to feel his trembling breath, but he didn't move back or shook her hand away. He had allowed her to hold his hand, even in this tense moment for him.

Nam-soon waited for his answer, when he didn't reply. She got nervous, after all. It was him who confessed in the past, and this time, it was her turn. Even if she is so sure of his feelings for her. But the Ryu Si-o in the present, still needs to fall in love with her.

Nam-soon: *whispers softly*
Si-o, I won't force my feelings on you.
So Don't give me your answer now. Tell it to me later, when your sure of it.
*stares into his eyes*
but let me stay by your side, alright?

She smiled while squeezing his hand lightly.
Then she waited to hear Si-o's response.

____

It took him quite awhile to settle his emotions, His throat bubble up and down sexually that Nam-soon could only look at it distractingly.

For Si-o, all his life, he was abandoned by his parents, adopted and trained by Pavel, in an abusive hierarchial authority, to dominate their power.

He had never once experience the love of a parent, or the kindness of a stanger.
He grew up with the knowledge of Survival of the fittest.
"If you're weak, you'll die. If you're strong, you'll live".
He had fought to survive and even until now. He is still fighting for to gain control of his life, under Pavel supervision.

Si-o wanted to be strong. He wanted to have the strength to protect himself and go against Pavel, However until now, he feels like he is still trap inside a maze, without an exit.

When he met her, he is sure that his attraction to her is because of her strength, he wanted to use her, and her superhuman strength.

Although the more they spent time together, even if its a short while, made him feel so free and alive. Like a burden has lifted off his shoulder. Her presence alone, just being with her, relaxes and put his mind at ease.

Si-o had doubted Nam-soon at first, in disbelief of her feelings towards him.
But she had held his hand firmly and he was afraid of letting go of her hand.
Or maybe for the first time. He didn't like the feeling of loneliness.

He didn't want to let go of this warmth.

____

When he had calmed down, he fixed his gaze to Nam-soon.
After all this time waiting, Si-o simply nodded in response. But that was all the answer she needs, Because that is the kind of man he is.

Nam-soon sat up properly, while still holding his hand.
She raised her other hand to call Teacher Noh attention, then she took a tissue and pick up the spoon that Si-o drops.

Teacher Noh arrives and replaced the spoon with another clean one and left like a breeze as usual. This time was even more quickier than last time. Her skills are getting better.

Nam-soon picked up her spoon and started eating the Ox blood Broth Soup again. This time she ate it with more relished.
She had finally gotten it off her chest now. The brazen words she was trying to hold back before, were out now.