Chapter 3

Leticia, now on a mission to secure lodging, strolled through the unfamiliar streets, her eyes grappling with the altered architecture that seemed to defy the familiar outlines of her past. The idea of casually asking a passerby about the current year lingered in her thoughts, but the fear of drawing unwarranted attention held her back.

Her footsteps echoed through the cobbled streets as she wandered, each building posing a challenge in this cityscape that had undergone an inexplicable metamorphosis. The uncertainty of not knowing the year added a layer of complexity to her quest.

After a thoughtful exploration, Leticia's eyes finally caught sight of an inn that seemed to extend an invitation. Its facade promised a refuge from the mysteries that surrounded her. As she approached the entrance, the wooden door creaked open, revealing the warm glow within. The inn, a sanctuary of possibility, awaited her presence.

Stepping inside, Leticia felt the shift in ambiance from the lively streets to the hushed tranquility of the inn. The air hummed with subdued conversations, and the flickering candlelight cast a warm embrace over the space. With each step, she left behind the enigma of the streets, entering a haven that promised a temporary respite.

Leticia, seeking solace in the midst of uncertainty, decided to immerse herself in a luxurious hot bath. The water enveloped her, carrying away the weariness that had settled over her throughout the day. In this private sanctuary, she allowed herself a moment of respite, the warmth soothing both body and mind.

Emerging from the bath, she draped herself in a plush robe, the fabric a cocoon of comfort against her skin. Her wet hair, touched by the lingering warmth of the water, clung delicately to her shoulders. Standing before the mirror, Leticia took a moment to observe her reflection.

The vibrant shade of red that adorned her hair, a signature trait of the Thames family and shared only by her father, Cale Henituse, caught her attention. A thoughtful expression played on her face as she recognized the potential implications of such a distinctive feature in this unfamiliar past. The need to conceal her identity became paramount, especially considering her father's known association with this unique shade of red.

With a strategic mindset, Leticia contemplated her options. Magic offered a quick and temporary solution to alter her hair color, providing a momentary shield. However, she understood the impermanence of such enchantments. For a more lasting disguise, she pondered the practicality of using hair dye. The mirror reflected her determined gaze as she considered the steps she would take to conceal the Thames family's legacy, aware that the distinctive red hair could draw unwanted attention and potentially complicate her journey to her home

Leticia, in the solitude of her room, began the ritual of undressing, peeling away the layers that held the remnants of the day. As the fabric slipped off her frame, she found herself facing an unforeseen realization – she didn't possess a nightdress. A momentary pause hung in the air, but the thought of sleeping unencumbered by clothing lingered in her mind.

Nonetheless, she opted for a compromise. She retained her underdress, a subtle concession to the unknown intricacies of this unfamiliar past. With this decision made, Leticia, unburdened by the trappings of the day, faced the prospect of a night's rest.

She approached the bed with an air of anticipation, her fingers reaching for the soft and bouncy mattress that awaited her. As she landed on the inviting surface, a delighted smile played on her lips. The simple pleasure of a comfortable bed became a welcomed haven, a place where she could momentarily escape the enigma surrounding her.

With a final glance around the room, Leticia in the underdress, slipped beneath the warm embrace of the blanket. It cocooned her in a comforting warmth as she settled into the bed, a sanctuary that promised respite from the mysteries of the past. The room, now hushed in the late hours, cradled her in a tranquility that invited the embrace of sleep.