I

Day 0 Frontrooms

It was a sunny June morning, and the rare clouds were the only refreshments that allowed those who were miles below to continue working
while most of the boys enjoyed some refreshment from the heat under any shade they found.
The palaces of the city stood majestically in the distance, hidden from the smog.
Not too far away there was a tree-lined street that had a near small complex of concrete under which were containers.
The abandoned buildings seemed to have been an old warehouse.
Under one of the abandoned warehouses, next to wooden crates there were two boys.
Matthew, who had dark, frizzy hair, was holding the camera while filming his brown-haired friend Frank.
While one might seem thin the other had the proportions of a branch, very tall and dry.
Matthew saw through the lens his friend's vain attempts to cross the concrete wall, that each time fell back, not hurting himself only thanks to the heavy backpack.
Matthew laughed and said: - Why don't you let me try? -
Frank walked away and Matthew peering up close at the wall admitted: - Maybe this is not the right one. -
And as the sun disappeared behind the buildings the two embittered headed home under the weight of their backpacks.
The lights of the street lamps began to turn on as darkness fell on the popular buildings.
When they arrived at their palace they crossed the parking lot wondering what was wrong.
Crossing the threshold they headed for the elevator.
They pressed the button corresponding to their plan expecting that one to go up, but seeing that it did not move they pressed it several times, not expecting that one to begin to come down.
And while they were waiting to get to the underground floor they did not realize that instead of the cement itself flowing next to them an old moldy yellow carpet.