53. ʀᴇᴘᴜᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

chapter title omg fav tracks start listing em right now!! 

(*cough* they say HE'S* gone too far this time *cough*)

Also,

What the heck you guys i feel so special

And all five of em on the same day at that

Number 1 for the top tier tropes like that's such an honor (Top Tier with capital Ts because there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING, better than an enemies to lovers slowburn)

So just wanted to say love you as always; here's today's chapter!! :)

Obsessive.

That, I think, is the word I would use to describe what kind of a person Mattheo has turned into. Such changes in his personality have bled into the times that he spends with me. He obsesses over making sure my day goes perfectly, refusing to allow even light rainfalls to ruin my mood. 

Which would be strange enough in itself, but with this new obsessive trait of his arrives a sense of possessiveness I'm not sure what to think of just yet. My wariness reaches an all-time high when Mattheo folds up my sleeves one morning and insists that I keep them there, at elbow length. His Dark Mark ripples on my bare forearm, the twin serpents standing out as prominently as ever.

I'm at such a loss for words that I don't even know where to begin. Mattheo saves me from the trouble by telling me, "I want the world to know who you belong to. Is that truly too much of an ask, Y/n?"

It's a never-ending back and forth between cocky, sweet, loving, and cold. It's impossible to keep up with his constant mood swings, and if only Mattheo would leave me alone for more than five minutes of the day, I'd be able to do research in the library on the properties and effects of making a Horcrux. Because really, I very much doubt that a common side effect for tearing your soul apart is uncontrollable waves of irresistible lust.

The final weeks of January pass by agonizingly slowly, but I suppose I should be grateful for the wretched stalemate that us Seventh Year Slytherins have cultivated. Students now know more than ever to stay away from the Dark Lord's son, thanks to the little show with Theo on our first day back. Theo, on the other hand, has decided that subjecting Mattheo to the Cruciatus Curse was retribution enough for what was done to Hermione. Everyone's on edge all the time, always expecting for a fight to break out, but it never does. Like a string pulled taut that refuses to snap.

I seem to be the only thing that keeps Mattheo from lashing out at everyone he sees. So long as he knows that I'm safe and happy, he's willing to let the petty offenses go. I make sure to be the first thing he sees when he wakes up, and the last thing he's thinking of as he falls asleep at night. I'm practically living in his room at this point, but Mattheo doesn't really seem to mind. Neither does Enzo, for that matter, who moved out of their shared room on the very day we returned from the winter holidays. Something about how Mattheo wouldn't stop sending him death stares all throughout the train ride over.