"Kind of... But I missed your cooking..." I admitted.

"Well... You know... I'm always happy to cook for you," he said carefully.

Forever?

No... That thought was too scary to think about right now. Maybe once the omegas were saved, it would stop being scary.

"Come..." Kieran said when I stayed silent. "Let's eat in bed, okay?"

I nodded and reluctantly let go of him. There it was again... a hint of pain in his eyes. He turned his back to me and grabbed the plate.

I couldn't let that pain stay a second longer.

"I really do love your cooking..." I said, stepping behind him.

He carefully peered up at me, so I gave him a small smile. The pain vanished, and he smiled back, so I found the courage to rest my hand on his back. Maybe it was wrong... But I couldn't stand seeing him sad, and especially in pain.

We entered his bedroom, but I didn't head to the bed. Ares' crib was in the corner, and I heard the baby's quiet snores. My alpha immediately demanded me to go check up on him, so I did. I stopped next to the crib to watch the tiny little omega deep in his peaceful sleep.

I did the math, and frowned, my chest growing tighter again.

"Trouble?"

I didn't look at Kieran. I still stared at Ares when I replied to him.

"Those omegas I kidnapped..." I muttered. "If they got pregnant after that, none of them have given birth yet."

"Right... So...?"

I turned to him. "If we save them now, no one gets to steal their babies from them."

He gave me a smile, but it was a pained one.

"That is true," he said, and stepped next to me to watch his child. "But... Not all of them may want to keep those babies."

That pain in him... I turned to look at Ares. I understood. It sickened me. This baby's sire... Kieran was raped. That was how he got pregnant with Ares. And I had this feeling... This disgusting feeling...

It happened while he was still in the army.

My alpha agreed with me... If we ever found out who hurt this omega... They had better be dead.

"At least once we save them, they get to decide if they want to keep them," Kieran added. "You will give them that option."

Yes... And the babies that were not wanted would get adopted through official routes, not sold like cattle. Those children would still have a chance to have good lives.

"We have to make our move fast," I said, trying not to show Kieran my anger. "I don't want to rest until they're saved. I don't deserve rest while they have to suffer."

Kieran turned to give me a happier smile. "We will work swiftly. The Special Operations Unit is always ready to strike. They will not waste a day."

"Good," I said, and watched him closely.

How did he still want to keep me here with him? After I had threatened to... Fuck... I was so disgusted, but with myself now. I'd threatened to let my buddies... to...

Kieran touched my face gently. I stayed still for him.

"You were brainwashed," he repeated, like he could somehow hear my thoughts. "You know what? I'll have you meet others like you once the omegas are safe. I think it would do you good to speak with others who have been brainwashed as well. Maybe it'll help you understand yourself and what happened better."