Part 2 ~ Ch 3 - Destruction

~ Grimmel's base ~
"We are ready sir. The ship is ready and that lightfury has taken the boys dragon. He is alone." Grimmel nodded in approval, "Get ready to set sail, we attack tomorrow."

~ Einvald ~

"Astrid this was a bad idea" Hiccup is pacing around the bedroom, "What if he never comes back! I don't trust her!"

Astrid was sitting on the bed watching her husband worry about his dragon. "Babe he can take care of himself. Thor, he's taken care of you for 9 years." She walked behind him and grabbed his waist, "I think that I can take care of you until he's back" she whispered.

Hiccup chuckled, "You are right. You're always right. Toothless wouldn't leave me for a silly light fury he just met. Right now we just need to focus on Grimmel and the baby." He turned and kissed her like she was the only thing in the world.

"I think it's a girl." she looked up at him. "How do you know?" Hiccup asked. "Women's intuition I guess." she smiled.

Hiccup chuckled as he picked her up and lay her on the bed. Suddenly Astrid looked concerned, "Babe, I know how stressed you've been lately. You have been working all day for the village. Especially since you have been training all of the young men for battle" Her husband sighed, "I am the last thing you need to worry about right now."

Astrid rolled her eyes, "Like that's ever going to happen." Then Hiccup hesitantly changed the subject, "If there is a battle... is there any way I can convince you to sit it out. Your pregnant for Thor's sake!" Hiccup remembered how the last conversation like this went.

Astrid looked him in the eye, "You chose me as general and it is my duty to uphold my role in this empire. We are not having this conversation babe". Hiccup nodded in defeat, "It was worth a shot."

~

The next morning was a disaster

Hiccup and Astrid woke up the the war horn being blown. They immediatly started putting on their armor. Astrid then ran to Nuffink's room and picked up the still sleeping child. "Hey baby, I need you to listen to me."

The royal son sleepily nodded, "You get to go to the safe island with grandma ok?" Nuffink clapped. "Is mama coming with?" Astrid shook her head, "No, not this time. I promise that I will take you back once the bad guys are gone."

Hiccup ran into his son's room to take him to safety and to say goodbye to his family. He hugged Astrid with Nuffink still in her arms. "I need you to be brave, son. Your mother and I have to take care of the bad guys."

The family started running through the castle with only their son in mind. "Astrid, get Nuffink to my mother. She is leading the people to Itchy Armpit for safety. I need to gather the guards. "Be safe babe" she kissed him and they went their separate ways.

When Hiccup got outside it was chaos. The village was on fire but in the middle of it all was a giant flying warship. The ship was twice the size of a normal ship and it was being carried by hundreds of dragons. The man Hiccup knew was Grimmel was directing the attack with a sword in his hand.

There were two smaller flying ships and leading them was Johann and the other was Viggo. Hiccup was terrified as well as confused because he saw Viggo fall down that volcano. Thats when he saw Viggo's left side of his face was demolished.

Since Toothless never came back, Hiccup rode atop a monstrous nightmare. He eventually landed on Viggo's ship that was now flying overtop of the burning Einvald. Hiccup stabbed and slashed anyone who came between him and Viggo.

Viggo was the reason he almost lost Astrid, and he was NOT going to let that slide. "Viggo! Come here and fight me like a man!" Hiccup yelled across the ship. Being the most skillful warrior in the archipelago had its advantages as the emperor killed anyone who didn't jump overboard at the sight of him.