Ch 3- Berk

These first few chapters will be about Hiccup and Astrid's adventures and then we will get into the real drama hehehe. Also, anything in italics is someone thinking.

It has been a week since Hiccup defeated the Red Death. Astrid and Valka took him back to Dragon's Edge and he hasn't woken up since. Astrid has barely left his side, especially after they had to amputate his left leg from his knee down.

Astrid is sitting next to his bed holding his hand. She never really realized how handsome he has gotten. His auburn hair, emerald green eyes, and his now chiseled jawline, wow, that training really paid off. Then she remembered how she felt when she thought that she lost him. That empty feeling in her gut all the way to her cheeks.

That night she just laid with him. Her head resting on his chest and listening to his heartbeat. The next morning Hiccup woke up. He just sat up confused. Is this Valhalla? He thought. But then he looked in utter disbelief as he saw Astrid laying right next to him with her arms around him. Yes I must be in Valhalla...but Astrid shouldn't be dead right now.

After a while of trying to figure out where he was, Astrid woke up. "Hiccup! You're awake! Thank the gods," She hugged him, "Astrid...can't... breath..." she let go, "Sorry I just didn't know if you were ever going to wake up at this point". Suddenly Astrid punched his shoulder,"OW", then his chest, "OWW, seriously you have a problem with hitting people." he said, but he looked at her, she had tears streaming down her face. He was so confused. "How could you just leave me like that Hiccup? Were you seriously just ready to die? What about me! You are all I have left!" She broke down even more. Hiccup realized the severity of his decisions he made that day and didn't realize how much it would affect her.

" Milady" he lifted her chin," I did that so that you may live. I knew that if I didn't sacrifice myself that everyone else would die... and you still have so much to do in life. In my opinion" he chuckled," you are more important to me than my own life". When Hiccup finished his statement, Astrid just looked at him speechless.

Suddenly she grabbed his head and pulled him into the most passionate kiss that she could give him. Taking Hiccup by surprise, he eventually started kissing her back. This intense kissing went on for a while until they both finally took a breath and just looked into each other's eyes.

After a few minutes, Hiccup broke the silence," Astrid, something feels missing." he said worriedly. With a sad face, Astrid pulled off his covers. Hiccup looked down and he saw bandages all over his chest and arms from the burns, but that's not what scared him. He was completely missing his whole foot and most of his shin. Hiccup started feeling nauseous. As he stared at his missing leg, Astrid said," Hiccup, I know this is a lot right now but your mother and I will be with you. You're going to have to stay off of your foot for a while and then we will get you a prosthetic."

Hiccup absently nodded and then tried to get his mind off of the subject. He said "Astrid, when I thought that I was going to die, all I could think of was you, and how much I wished that I told you this." Hiccup could tell that she was starting to get anxious so he continued," To sum it up, I have loved you since we first became friends when we were 5. Even after you turned your back, I knew that your parents were to blame for that. I love you Astrid."

Astrid now had the biggest smile on her face and a few tears rolling down her cheeks. She replied," I love you too Hiccup, and I have ever since the first time we flew on Toothless". She then hugged him and from that moment on, they were the archipelago's most powerful couple.

~Back on Berk~
It has been a year since Stoic's runt of a son and the incoming shieldmaiden have died. The day that Hiccup "died", Spitelout (Snotlout's dad) hosted a week-long celebration of the heir to the chief's death. Everyone was glad that Hiccup died except his dad, who realized how much Hiccup really meant to him, Gobber, who taught him everything he knows about forging, and Gothi, the village healer who Hiccup had spent so many days in after being beat up by Snotlout.

Astrid's parents were heartbroken that Astrid broke the family line of success. She was the best fighter in Berk and had so much potential. Ingrid was Astrid's mother and Erik was her father. Erik regretted how hard he was on Astrid and Ingrid wished that they had more of a mother daughter relationship. Even after a year, they still haven't come to terms with their daughter's death.

Since Hiccup died, Snotlout was next in line for chief of Berk. Everyone except his father knew that he wouldn't last long. A year ago, the dragon raids also stopped and no one knew why. Berk has been at peace but there have still been rivalries in the village.

Trader Johann comes by every month to trade goods with Berk and tell his stories. Recently, he has been telling everyone about the Dragon Master and his Mistress. It is said that the​​y are descendants of Thor himself and they have the ability to control dragons minds. No one believed him at first until Stoic started hearing about them stealing dragons from all over the Archipelago.

Stoic didn't know if all of the stories were true or not but he knew one thing, these people or whatever they are, are dangerous and Berk must stay away from them at all costs or else they are doomed.

                                 ~Dragons edge~
Two years after the whole Red Death incident, Hiccup has made many allies including The Bog Burglars, The Wingmaidens who are also a form of dragon riders and Eret Eretson son of Eret. Hiccup found Eret washed up on his island dying. He looked like he had been tortured. It turns out that Eret worked for Drago Bludvist. Drago is a madman who is building a dragon army and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Valka told Hiccup of Stoics' encounter with Drago many years ago and how Drago has killed millions.

Hiccup has also been courting Astrid for two years and finally proposed to her after a late night flight. They plan to get married after the war with Drago is over. Drago found out about the Dragon Master and Mistress from tales and from the many dragon hunters that have been haunted by them. Ever since then, Drago has been after them.

Hiccup has created his own tribe with the multiple people that he has saved on his missions or people that have changed their minds towards dragons. Astrid is his second in command and soon to be chieftess of the empire Einvald which means power in old norse.

Hiccup and Astrid have gone to bed now and Astrid is fast asleep. They are cuddled up together, Hiccup hasn't fallen asleep yet due to the fact that something feels wrong. He can't figure it out but he felt like something bad was going to happen.

Eventually he decided that he would go and check the mansion for anything out of the ordinary. He slowly crawled out of Astrid's arms and checked the house. He finally settled down in the kitchen for a snake when suddenly he felt a sharp pang in his lower back. He tried screaming but something was covering his mouth and then everything went black.

The mysterious man set a letter on the wooden table and swiftly left carrying Hiccup on his back. Him and his dragon rode away as if nothing had happened.

Sorry about the cliffhanger y'all but don't ya just love a page turner. Don't worry, I plan on making the next chapter later tonight.