Ch 8- Stealth Mission

Normal pov

With all of the dragons gone, everyone felt lost. Somehow Toothless got out of Drago's hold when he saved Hiccup.

The village looked so lifeless. Except for the baby dragons, of course. Since the adult dragons were gone, no one could control them.

Hiccup thought that they might be able to ride the babies to Drago's island but he knew that the ride there was too dangerous for them.

The duo just sat overlooking the ocean at their "spot"  named Itchy Armpit. Hiccup just stared at his map waiting for his brain to come up with something.

That's when it hit him. This would need to be a stealth mission. Hiccup was the only one with a dragon which meant that he would need to sneak onto the island.

It would be a very difficult mission but it had to be done.

~hours later~

Hiccup was packing for the long journey ahead in his forge. He was wearing his black dragon scale armor and carried his flaming sword, inferno. He could never tame his hair so he wore a leather headband to keep it out of his face.

He hasn't told anyone yet because he knew that they would want to come but toothless couldn't carry that much weight for that distance.

He walked out of the forge battle ready. He called everyone to the mead hall to ready them for his departure.

~

Astrid and Valka walked in with confused looks seeing that Hiccup was in battle armor. What was Hiccup planning. Astrid knew it would probably be one of his amazing and stupid plans that would probably end up with him hurt.

Astrid also knew that they needed to to anything to get their dragons back.

Once everyone was settled, Hiccup stood up and said," Welcome. I know that you are all worried about your dragons but rest assured." He paused and looked at his mother and fiancé.

" I understand the feeling of loss. I also understand that you will do anything in your power to make that feeling go away... I know that we lost many lives yesterday." Hiccup looked down in shame.

"We will not lose any more loved ones." Everyone looked hopeful," I have decided to go on a stealth mission to Drago's island since I am the only one with a dragon."

There was gasps in the room but what stood out to Hiccup was his mother and lovers expression. They knew that this mission had low chances.

Hiccup continued," I am leaving in three hours so you may say your goodbyes to me then. I know that someone you will want to come with me but Toothless can't carry that kind of weight that far. I will do my best to bring back as many dragons as a can... goodbye." He walked out while everyone just stared at him.

The silence was deafening.

~

Hiccup was with Eret in the square. " If anything happens to me, Eret, I need you to help Astrid lead as she is second in command. Can you do that?" Hiccup rested his hand on Erets shoulder.

"Of course I will, you are like a brother to me. Just please be careful Hiccup." They shook hands as everyone walked out of the hall.

Before Hiccup could turn around, he was tackled to the ground by a certain blonde. She had him pinned. "Babe if you think for a second that you are leaving me then you are gravely mistaken." Hiccup didn't even struggle, he just said," I love you"

Astrid gave up. They both stood up and went somewhere more private as they were causing a scene.

Once in a small storage building Hiccup cupped her face," milady... you know that this is the only option." Now that they were alone, Astrid let her tears flow freely. Only Hiccup could see her like this.