Ch 10- Duel

Recap: Berk came back. Hiccup and Astrid revealed themselves and Astrid tried to kill Snotlout. Hiccup flew off with Astrid leaving Eret to babysit the Berkians.

~Right after Hiccup flew off~

As Toothless was gliding, Hiccup told him to go to Itchy Armpit. Astrid sat face to face with him on his lap. He was mindlessly stroking her hair while they just stared at each-other.

"What are we going to do Hiccup. I mean, it's been seven years! Do we forgive them?" Hiccups emerald eyes were troubled and for the first time Hiccup replied," I... don't know."

Toothless landed at Itchy Armpit and Hiccup and Astrid sat in eachothers arms not wanting to come back the the reality of confronting their past.

~ at the mead hall ~

"I want to see my son!" The large man bellowed. Eret just shook his head," they should be here any minute now. Please stay calm and you may have something to eat."

As soon as Eret announced that there was food, the Vikings ran straight to it. The hall was much larger than Berk's and more civilized. All of the villagers wore dragon scale armor which really added onto the whole dragon island look.

After an hour or so, flapping of wings was heard outside the great hall and Hiccup and Astrid walked in.

Hiccup walked up to the chiefs table and yelled "silence!"

The whole room immediately went silent. "You are all welcome here for the time being but DONT take advantage of that." As Astrid watched her husband, she admired his ability to quiet hundreds of savages and command them how he pleases.

"If ANY of you offend my people or the dragons on this island... I will not hesitate to send you off to the Grimborn brothers themselves." Hiccup stood tall and unwavering; everyone in the room seemed to agree with his standards.

...Except Snotlout," Why in the world would a god like me surrender to those barbaric animals I will not hesitate to..." Hiccup cut him off by banging his fist on the wooden table with echoed off the walls,"You, boy, are nothing to me. I am a patient man but NO ONE threatens my dragons"

Snotlout simply scoffed," Sure, you might be all tonight but that doesn't mean that you deserve my angel, Astrid." After he said that, Astrid lunched to him but Hiccup held her back as he said." Your right Snotlout, I don't deserve her."

Astrid immediately held his face shaking her head," No one does, especially not you Snotface. Your brain is smaller than a grain of rice and your brawn has turned into a beer belly."

Everyone laughed then Snotlout said," You wanna play games cousin? We shall fight for Astrid. Do you accept little cousin?"

Hiccup knew that if he refused that he would be called a coward but he also didn't feel like wasting his time on this square faced pig.

"Fine. Meet me at the arena this time tomorrow. Until then, the rest of the Berkians may go, but Eret please keep an eye on Snotlout.

The short man protested but Hiccup didn't care. He went straight to his mansion to de-stress.

~

Astrid walked into the mansion to see her husband sitting by the window drawing the landscapes. It was one of his most attractive qualities. The duo has matured during their relationship and their respect and love for one and other has only grown.

The Valkyrie worries for him though. Everyday is getting harder for him it seems like.  He is hiding something but Astrid can't quite figure out what is wrong. He has terrible nightmares almost every night but there's something else.