10- Confusing feelings

Start from the beginning

After using the bathroom, I walked outside seeing Hudson was still on the phone. I leaned up against the side of the building, giving him privacy until he was done with his phone call.

People watching, a little ping of jealousy hit me, seeing a few girls passing by Hudson, smiling as they tried getting his attention.

He turned, not giving them the time of day, which made me smile. Why I cared was beyond me since he was my boss and our arrangement was ending in a few days.

I had to keep repeating that part to myself.

He noticed me standing by the building and smiled, making my heart flutter as I smiled back at him. He winked... when a voice interrupted our moment.

"Excuse me?"

I turned to see a tall, very attractive man standing in front of me. "Yes?"

He placed his hand on his heart. "I must still be in a museum because you're truly a work of art."

I busted out laughing. "Oh my gosh, that was terrible."

He laughed, not looking even remotely embarrassed with his cheesy pick up line.

"That bad?"

"Yes. Has that ever worked for you before?"

"When I saw you I got nervous and that's what came out of my mouth. I'm sorry."

"Flattered, but my boyfriends over there." I pointed at Hudson, who was glaring at the man beside me.

"Well, that's what he gets for leaving you unattended."

I narrowed my eyes. Unattended? What was I, a child?

"That came out wrong." He said, thinking about what he had just said. "I think I'll just keep walking."

I felt an arm snake around my back, holding me close. Looking up I saw Hudson, glaring at the man. "That's probably a good idea."

He nodded. "You two have a good night."

After he turned and walked away, I looked up at Hudson who was still glaring in the direction the man left.

Was he jealous?

"Hudson?"

He looked down at me before letting go of my side. "I'm sorry, were you interested in that guy?"

I started laughing. "No."

"I should have asked first before I..."

I grabbed his hand. "After his horrible pick up line, I pointed to you and told him you were my boyfriend. I wasn't interested in him." I tried reassuring him. "Come on or we will be late."

He finally looked relaxed. He smiled and nodded. "I don't know why I got so possessive... it's not like we're really a couple."

I got it because I felt the same way with the way the girls looked at Hudson... I wasn't going to tell him that though.

"Well this week we are, so."

He looked like he wanted to say something, but didn't.

"Should we go? I don't know where I'm going."

"Right... he let out a breath and looked down at his watch. "It's this way." He held my hand as we walked down the street to the skating rink together.

"So what was his pick up line?"

I chuckled. "He said he must be still in a museum because I'm a work of art, or something ridiculous like that."

Hudson threw his head back, laughing. "Wow. Original."

"I told you it was horrible." This might be totally out of line, but I'm gonna ask anyway. "If you weren't my boss and you saw me standing there alone and wanted to get my attention, what pick up line would you have used on me?"

He stopped us and looked down at me for a moment, then smiled. "I'd make eye contact with you and smile. If you smile back, I'd introduce myself. There's no need for cheesy pickup lines if someone is truly interested in getting to know someone. If you looked away, then I'd keep walking."

I bite my lip, "Maybe I'm worth fighting for, so you try again."

His smile widened. "After I introduce myself, you'd tell me your name. I'd ask about your job, what you like to do for fun and we'd find out we have a lot in common. I'd get your number, so I can confirm our dinner reservations for the next day because I'd want to make sure I get to see you the next day...but-" He came closer, "I wouldn't leave until I told you how incredibly beautiful you are."

My heart was racing and he was close enough to kiss. Did I want that? Did I want Hudson Knight... my boss, to kiss me?

"Hey you two." Our moment was interrupted when Mary came over. "Everyone is excited to meet you Mae."

"Mae and I still need to go get our skates."

"Okay, get those and we will meet you over by the rink."

Hudson and I ignored our little moment we had together before we were interrupted as we got our skates and joined the others shortly after. Hudson went around introducing me to his brother Christian, his wife Kaley and their children. His sister Eve, her husband Mike and their little ones before all going out onto the rink.

"I thought you said you skated before?" I questioned as Hudson tried balancing on the ice.

"It's been a long time."

"Same. You don't see me with wobbly knees."

"Give me a second."

"Here." I extended out my arms. "Hold on and I'll help you."

He grabbed on and I slowly started skating backwards.

"How are you so good?" He questioned.

"Well, I used to rollerblade a lot... that probably helps. Come on Boss, your dad's faster than you."

"Ohh, look at you with the jokes."

A little while later, Hudson was finally getting the hang of it as we skated side by side.

Being as we weren't all sitting down somewhere, this was a nice way to start to get to know them without all the awkward first time questions right away.

I loved watching Hudson interact with his family, especially with the kids too, which made me like him that much more as a person.

I was about to compliment Hudson on how well he was skating, when I lost my balance and fell, taking Hudson down with me.

"I'm so sorry, are you alright?" I asked as he was belly laughing.

"Not so graceful after all. I think it would be best if we just sat the rest of the time."

"Not a chance." I stood back up, helping him up. He wrapped his arms around my back and pulled me in close.

"What?"

"I'm just really enjoying my week with you."

I smiled. "Me too, Hudson."