Chapter Nine: First Kill

Mulai dari awal

The brown wolf snarls at us, trying to bite at our leg as we continue to pin it down. After a few minutes my wolf leans our head down a warning growl tearing through our throat as we latch onto the brown wolfs   throat.

What are you doing?! I shriek as I realise what’s about to happen.

Killing him. My wolf says monotone.

But I can’t kill it. I’ve never killed anything before. I say in a panic wishing right now that I had control of our body.

You’re not killing him. I am! She snarls at me.

Then she snaps her jaws closed, the sound of the brown wolfs spinal cord being crushed rings out through my head, the taste of metallic blood fills my mouth as she continues to crush his windpipe, one last gurgle from the brown wolf tells me that he’s dead.

There. My wolf thinks to me as she realises the brown wolfs neck, standing back up to her fall height. Done.

I suppose I should thank you. I say to her in a whisper as we turn around to find the group we were escaping with but lost when we started the fight standing around the injured young wolf and staring at me.

You can have control back now. My wolf says as she retreats back behind the walls I had built up to separate us.

I look up at the Alpha as he moves forward toward me; he stands next to me and stares at the human form of the brown wolf for a second before turning to me. He nods his head once then turns back to the group as the reform there ranks preparing to move off once again.

I move over to Tessa and stand next to her as a new wolf fills the empty gap were the young male was before the fight. I feel Tessa nudge my shoulder so I turn my head toward her meeting her copper brown eyes with my silver ones. All I can think of doing is shrugging my wolf shoulders as we move into a trot as a group then into a run as the trees start to thin.

I know I’m going to be having nightmares of killing that brown wolf for a while, even though he tried to kill me and the young male that’s the first time I’ve ever struck out at someone or . . . Killed someone. I think to myself as we all continue forward.

My nose twitches with the scent of a new territory as we pass through the thinning trees. I look around at the Copper Eyes wolves as they start to visibly relax now that they are once again on their territory. Looking behind me I see that the rescued wolves are still terrified of what could happen to them once we get to our location.

 Looking at Tessa I can see tears forming in her eyes as she relaxes, knowing that know harm came come to her anymore because she is safe on her own territory. I nudge her shoulder gently with my head keeping watch of where I’m going at the same time.

She glances over at me and I give her a wolfish smile letting her know that I know what she is currently going through. She gives me a small whine in return as we continue forward through the trees that are starting to build up once again to make another forest.

Through the trees up ahead I catch flashes of buildings, glimpses of people milling around in open spaces. With my sensitive hearing I can hear people talking. Can hear there excitement as the sense the return of the wolves who left to come save us.

We pass through the last few trees and spill out onto grass, slowing down to a stop as we all move out of the tree line. Lots of people crowd the grass area as they welcome back there people, many of the people walking up to their other halves and holding out a pair of shirts for them.

Another group of people start to slowly walk up to us rescued wolves all of them holding blankets so that we can change back into our human form. A young woman walks up to me a polite smile of her pretty face as she holds the towel out in front of her.

She pauses briefly as she locks her eyes onto my silver ones. “I’m guessing you’re from The Silver Eyes Pack.” She says quietly. “You can shift now.” She holds the blanket up for me.

I take a deep breath and slowly let it out as I will myself to change back into my human form. The change comes easily as the fur disappears, my body reshaping into human form. I reach out one dirty and bloody hand taking the towel from the girl and throwing it around my shoulders holding the ends tightly closed in front of me.

I smile politely at the woman as she moves forward and puts a hand on my back. “Come on; let’s take you to the infirmary to get check out.” She starts to guide my across the grass some of the others being guided as well and we start to fill into a building.

                                                          * * * * * * *

Well that's the next chapter.

This chapter is my favourite so far. But then again I've only written up to Chapter Ten, but I don't care this one will always be one of my favourites :)

So I hope you enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Do tell me what you think in the form of a comment AND also don't FORGET to VOTE and FAN.

Asking my younger brother how to spell something --__-- I'm never gonna live this down.....

haha anyway

Love ya'll :)

SoaringSpirit :D

p.s. if you wish to talk to me, please do I don't bite (much haha kidding :) ...) Naah I'm a nice person and I love to make new friends. So yea........... It's up to yer. One warning tho, I don't really come on much but just leave me a message and I'll reply next time I'm on :)

Byezzzzzzz