Prologue: Dragon King's Tale

Y/n= Your name

L/n= Last name

Y/n POV

I am Y/n L/n.  Duelists know me as The Dragon King.  Due to my powerful dragon deck and undefeated rep.  But, this part of my story takes place before all that.  A long time ago.

4 Years Ago

My dad took me on an expedition to Egypt.  He was an archeologist and always took me with him, as his assistant.  He was looking for a tomb.  Digging up ancient artifacts.  Ya know, the usual.

Later, we decided to check out a local bazaar.   And I asked if I could go buy a souvenir, by myself. "Alright, Y/n.  Buy 'one' souvenir, and come right back.  And don't take too long, understand?" he told me. "Yes, Dad.  I understand." I answered.   And off I went.

I soon found a stand selling pendants.  And since it's prices were fair, I ended up buying 2.(Both of dragons, naturally.)

After I'd paid for my purchase, I headed back to Dad.   But along the way, I accidentally knocked someone over.  It was a really pretty Egyptian girl.  She looked the same age as me.

"Sister!  Are you you alright?!" the little boy with her asked in a concerned tone.  "I'm fine, Marik.  Excuse me!  Would you, please, watch where you're going!?" she berated me.

"Sorry, miss.  I didn't see you." I said, apologetically, as I helped her to her feet.  But, she still just sneered at me. "Ishizu.   I'm sure he really didn't mean it." the kid said, defending me.  "The kid's right.   It was an accident!  So, quit with the stink eye!" I told her.

After a few seconds, she relaxed.  "Very well.  Apology accepted." she said, calmly.  "*sigh* Okay.  L-Let's start over.  My name's Y/n.   And, you two are..?" I inquired.

"Huh?  Oh!  I'm Marik.  And this is my big sister, Ishizu." the boy said.  "Marik!  What did we talk about?!  No getting too friendly with strangers!  Especially, foreigners." Ishizu berated him. 

"Okay.  First of all.. RUDE!  Second of all..  We may have just met.  But you know my name, and I know both of yours.  So, we're not "complete" strangers." I told her, to which she just sighed, heavily.

"In that case, Y/n, do you wanna show us around?" Marik asked.  "Wow.  This is certainly a twist.  A local asking a tourist to show them the sights." I said.   "Well, we don't get out, much.  So... please?" he pleaded.  "*sigh* What do you say, Ishizu?" I asked her.  "Uh. I.. I don't know." she said with uncertainty. 

"Come on!  It's for your little brother.  And how can you say no to 'that' face?" I asked her, gesturing to Marik giving her the puppy dog eyes.  "Fine." she sighed.   "Yay!!!" Marik cheered.

"Alright.  Where to, first?" Ishizu inquired.  "Well.  Before we go sightseeing, I thought we could get a nice picture." I said, bringing out my camera.  "What is that?" Marik inquired.  "This is called a camera." I told him.  "Huh?  That camel looks different from the pictures in this book." he said, holding up a magazine he found.  Ishizu and I fell over in disbelief to what he said.