Where are your parents?

Chapter 8

Jade's POV

Now that the three psychopaths have left, I can speak to Juliana tête-à-tête. I'm worried about Cassandra. But she is a woman of sound judgement. She's ressourceful and the wisest of us four.

"Ana, we must speak!"

"Yes, but not here," she answered, turning her gaze to the maids, who had never left the room after service.

She was right. They would run to their employers and tell them everything we've discussed. After further consideration, we can't exclude that we're being spied on. I'm almost certain that they have hidden bugs and cameras in our rooms.

Furthermore, it doesn't seem like Alessandro will leave Juliana alone anytime soon. Doesn't he have to sleep? Well, we just have to check if he understands German.

I've been wondering where his parents are...

The brat got attached, really fast. I can't blame him. The woman is as sweet as candy. You can't just not love her.

We head for the room they had prepared for my little sunshine, which is situated between mine and his mother's bedroom. While I check every corner for hidden bugs, Juliana uses her little portable bug detector disguised as a pen to sweep for more sophisticated concealed spying devices.

The pen is a little present of her crazy uncle Menelik. I genuinely love the man, who is Juliana's real and only parental figure, but I wouldn't want to be on his bad side. Even though he always strikes strangers as an affable person, he's vicious and murderous when he wants to.

Ana doesn't look like that, but she is as sly as a fox. It partly stems from her past but also from all the "training " she underwent under her uncle's supervision.

When you come from affluent families, you get a lot of unwanted attention, especially when you're the designated black sheep. In that regard, Ana, her uncle, and me unfortunately share a common sad destiny.

Well, to hell with all of them! Who cares about blood relatives. Tam, Cass, Ana, and my little baby are my true family. And nobody gets to hurt them without retaliation. No one!

I know that she caught the attention of the elder Esposito.