Finally in Italy

Chapter 2

Eight weeks later...

Juliana's POV

We are finally in Italy, more exactly in Florence, the heart of Tuscany. We landed one hour ago. Jade, being the foodie she is, just couldn't resist the urge to expose her pallet to one of the most exquisite cuisines in the country.

She had decided to pamper us and rented a luxurious car with a personal chauffeur for our stay in Florence. We are currently in our spacious Rolls - Royce Cullinan heading to our 5-star hotel in the historic centre of Florence.

Cassandra, who has decided to sit at the front, is openly flirting with our driver, Mr. Enzo Lombardi. The Italian is insanely attractive but seems to be a very quiet man. At no time did he try to start a conversation; he drives in silence, solely focusing on the road.

She always had a thing for the dark brooding type. In her case, the saying "opposites attract" is one hundred
per cent true. The poor guy seems rather embarrassed by the unveiled advances of my beautiful friend.

Jade is silently enjoying the spectacle unfolding in front of us while caressing Aman, who has dozed off and is lying between us in an awkward position.

Third Person POV

Juliana turned her attention to the landscape and let her thoughts take free rein. It had been a long time since she felt so relaxed. She could not help remembering one of her last heated arguments with Stephen.

God knows how deeply she loved this man. But her feelings only brought her pain and humiliation. He succeeded in breaking her soul and heart.

Not without the support of her dear „Maman". Note the sarcasm.

She never bothered mincing her words; She deemed Juliana unfit to be by Stephen's side. In her book, he was the perfect son-in-law, rich, powerful, and handsome. He had deserved someone better. Someone like
Juliana's sister Angeline. She was two years younger and was everything Juliana would never be.

Flashback

"Stephen, how could you embarrass me like this yet again? Why did you fuck my colleague? How am I supposed to face her, let alone work with her? She will rub it on my face every time she gets the chance to! You know that Anja hates me! And this is beside the point! Why are you even sleeping around? Am I not enough? Has my love ever meant something to you? And what about our son?" She asked furiously, her eyes moistening with unshed tears.

She hated herself for crumbling in front of him.
But he knew exactly which buttons to push to hurt her. This is what happens when the love of your life turns into your worst foe! She just hated feeling vulnerable in front of him.

She had never been a weak person. She had to be strong to survive the never-ending abuse of her family. But there is only so much one can take...

Her younger self would have left the very first time he cheated. But as they say, you never know until it happens.

To this day, she could not comprehend why their relationship turned sour. He changed overnight. Literally. He used to be so softspoken, caring, funny, and above all respectful. She was his queen, and he treated her accordingly.

"Juliana, don't try me!" He said, clenching his sharp jaw and menacingly pointing a finger at her.

"Leave Aman out of this. I warn you. You don't deserve to be my son's mother! You're cunning and deceitful! A manipulative bitch always posing as the victim. And now you dare using my son to achieve your despicable goals. Can you stoop any lower?"