Never to easy

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

They woke up in the afternoon. Eijiro and Denki decided to let the others sleep in considering how exhausted they looked. They were worried about their friend's health. They wondered how long it had been since they could sleep peacefully without waking up every few minutes in fear a dead would be around.

As they slept without worry, the red-head and yellow-haired male scoped out the city with the view they had. They looked at the streets where little dead would be. They did try to find a street where none of them were at, but because of how many had fallen, every street had a lingering rotten corpse.

When Shoto had woken up, the others followed along. They now walked down a street, avoiding the rotters and keeping quiet.

"So, this store you mentioned, are you sure they're still food?" Izuku asked, walking next to Eijiro.

The red-head thought for a moment, "I'm not sure. It's the only store that we haven't looked at.
Of course though, if there were to be supplies, I'd imagine someone would have already taken it for themself."

"Let's hope not." Katsuki crossed his arms, "My damn legs are about to give up at any moment."

They passed squeezed through an alley. With Denki in front, he peeked out the alley, thankful for a rotter walking away. He motioned for the others to follow as they entered another alley, "We should be close, maybe another block or so."

"That's good." Shoto said, looking at the map that Denki had previously passed to him. He looked at the crossed out city again. He wondered what the city was.

From the back, F/n let out a yawn and gripped her neck. She must've slept wrong as her neck would hurt when she moved it. She probably should've laid down instead of sleeping in a sitting position. Her back also hurts, she was annoyed with herself.

After a couple minutes passing by, they all crouched beside a car, looking at the store that stood ahead of them. Plenty of rotters were locked in as a gate surrounded them. Who knows how many were inside the store.

"I'll check the back, see if there's another entrance or a safer way to get in." F/n said, leaving before they could answer.

"I'll go with you." Izuku quickly followed after her.

Forgetting that the male had no weapons, she reached into her back pocket and pulled out a navy pocket knife then handed it to him, "I forgot I had this. Figured if you wanna live you need some sort of protection."

He smiled, "Thanks, F/n."

She nodded. The two then speedily checked the stores surrounding, killing a few rotters that got in the way. When they reached the back, it was clear, no gates around it. The only problem was that the door was blocked by vines and the cracked pavement began to grow weeds.

"At least we found an entrance." Izuku looked around for any dead as he hid behind a bush, "All they need is to cut that down."

"Yeah, but once they do they need to block the primary entrance so no other dead enters. Then they need to get rid of the dead that I'm assuming made it inside." F/n said, crouching next to Izuku. Giving a final glance at the entrance, the two then manage their way back towards the other three.

"That should be no problem." Shoto said, taking in the information, "The problem might be finding something to cover the entrance."

"We got this. Let's split up." Katsuki said, "Three of us look for supplies and the other three look for cars. Makes it easier and we can get the hell out of here faster."

"Sounds good." Eijiro nodded, his eyes never leaving the store, "Question is, who goes where?"

Katsuki pointed at himself, Eijiro and Shoto, "We go to the store, the other three look for a car."

"It might take a while." Denki added, "We need a van or a big truck where we and the supplies can all fit."

"We'll find two." F/n proposed, "That way in case one runs out of gas we'll have an extra."

Eijiro nodded, "Sounds good. We'll meet you later, stay safe."

Surrounded by vehicles, F/n, Izuku and Denki, skipped the smaller cars and headed for the trucks. Luckily enough, there were plenty. They did hope to find a van or an RV so they wouldn't be separated.

The yellow-haired male let out a sigh when the truck he found had no gas. It was a shame, the back seats had plenty of room. He closed the door and moved onto another, though he let out a groan when the truck sputtered.

Inside a black truck, F/n looked around for a key. She opened the compartments then the one above her. A set of keys fell on her lap as well as a picture frame. She held the photo. A woman grinning with her dog tilting its head sat on her lap. It looked like they were on a beach as the ocean was in the background. The woman looked so happy with her dog.

She wondered if they managed to live.

Placing the photo back to its original place, she held the keys and inserted it in the keyhole. She kept twisting and twisting in hopes the sputter would eventually die and the engine would roar with life.

Unfortunately, sputtering was all she could hear.

Twisting his knife, Izuku grabbed the rotter's corpse and placed it on the ground. He groaned slightly when he entered the car, the smell was strong and dried blood had soaked into the seat. He hoped he had better luck in finding a car that worked. He could hear the others and the vehicles sputtering.

In the cup holder, he grabbed the keys and turned the car on. It sputtered until the engine finally turned on. He smiled and checked the gas, almost full. Although the car wasn't a truck, the trunk was spacious since it looked like seats had been removed.

He turned off the car then made his way to F/n, pointing to the car "Found one."

She looked towards the red car, "Not big but it'll do."

A little farther back, the two heard Denki cheering. He looked at them and pointed at the truck, "Check it out! Full gas!"

Izuku and F/n chuckle.

Moaning was all the three could hear as they watched the door. Now that the vines were torn, they needed some sort of distraction so they could have the advantage and sneak up behind them. But of course, things are never too easy.

"We open the door, let a few come out." Shoto said.

"What about the other door?" Eijiro asked, "More will just keep coming."

Katsuki tsked, "So we get rid of a few at least enough for us to enter without being surrounded by those freaks. Then I'll block the door."

"Assuming you find something sturdy." Shoto crossed his arms.

"We will." The blonde glared at him. He readied his knife, "Okay, open."

Eijiro turned the knob, he steadily opened the door. However, he let go of it, all of them feeling irritated  when their eyes came in contact with a wall.

"Well shit."