Chapter 23: Goodbye for Christmas

Start from the beginning

You lie there and look around his dormitory and you can see why he would prefer to be here in a way. His own private space that was perfect for his needs. Hogwarts on his own without his family around was an introvert's paradise. No parents to deal with, no annoying younger brothers and a near empty castle and a massive library? Tom's idea of heaven. He could do as he pleased.

But then again, you think, it wasn't like he was going back to a life of squalor. He was a Malfoy in everything but name. He was heading back to a manor, a splendidly large house with staff, large grounds and a library nearly as big as Hogwarts's. A home and life where he had everything handed to him.

A part of you can't understand why he seemed so keen to reject his life outside of school but you never wanted to ask. You know Lucius Malfoy was not regarded as the nicest of men and it had always made you wonder what it was like to be raised by him. If Draco, his own son, was anything to go by, you knew that perhaps he wasn't the nicest of fathers either.

As Tom comes back out of the bathroom, towel drying his hair, a towel wrapped tightly around his waist, you try not to stare at him. He smirks as he sees your face and chuckles at you.

"Like what you see love?" He says with a coy smile and your cheeks go red as you look down. You hated how he could be so direct. He loved teasing you, especially about your reactions to his looks. He found your shyer nature amusing.

"Can you blame me when you look like that?" You say bashfully and turn your palm upwards and point at him.

He looks down and smirks.

"True... I am pretty perfect." He says in a cheeky conceited way that makes you roll your eyes as you know he knows how good looking he is.

He grabs his socks that he forgot and takes them back into the bathroom with him. You watch him go back in with a raised eyebrow. Tom was usually incredibly organised and he had his clothes folded with a sort of military precision in a neat pile or hung up perfectly, it was not like him to forget things. A part of you wondered if he was doing it to tease you or if perhaps he was actually a little nervous of going to Hogsmeade where people would stare at him.

When he comes back out again, you're sat on your phone scrolling and looking at other people's photos from the Ball. You sit up in the bed properly and look at him, admiring his all-black outfit of boots, jeans, jumper and shirt. His hair slicked into perfect place.

"Are you sure? About going to Hogsmeade, we don't have to you know...I know it's not...a fun time for you." You say with a little worry, not wanting to put him in an awkward or bad position.

"Yes. Besides it can be handy being me in a busy crowded place, people just seem to move out of my way, perhaps we can

"Now you better go get ready. I have something to do before we go and I'll come to your dorm when I'm ready." Tom says firmly, looking down at his phone and you raise an eyebrow at his cryptic words but nod.

You slide out of his bed and make it which makes him smirk.

"Such a good girl."

You look abashed and embarrassed at his words but you smile.

"Well I know what you're like. You'll get all moody if I don't make it if I'm the last one out of it."

He comes over and kisses your forehead.

"You know me so well. But I think you'll have to borrow a hoodie for leaving."

You look down at yourself, realising you're only wearing Tom's t-shirt after last night. You awkwardly bend and pick up your underwear and dress and put your underwear on and Tom hands you his massive black hoodie again.