[12] 𝕯𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕯𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖘

(Demons And Dragons)

Hey, this is not real. I hope someone's reading, though.

Time is weird. I don't really understand it. Every moment is so precious, because we never know, what's going to happen in the future, or what someone's next steps might be, or whether we'll ever get to experience that moment again.

How long had it been since I ran away?

"Drink it, or I'll pry your mouth open, and pour it down your throat."

"Fine fine, give me a second."

Gray chewed on his bottom lip, clenching a pain-relief potion in his right hand, his long fingers wrapped tightly around it.

"Elio, mind helping me out? My big brother is being an ignorant ogre right now," he sighed, shaking his hair out of his face.

"I'm not sure how I can help," I mumbled, my eyes flickering between the two brothers. The glow from the gentle fire made me notice both of their sharp features. They sure did have the same mesmerising chocolate eyes. Chase's nose and ears were pierced, and he had a fully teal-coloured mullet, which made him a bit different from Gray, but they looked pretty much the same, even though Chase was a couple of years older.

Gray sighed one more time, and handled Chase the pain-relief potion. Chase took a slug of it, but spat it out again.

"This tastes like troll piss," he complained, throwing the bottle away.

"I don't care, it'll help you," Gray said, picking the bottle up from the ground and handling it to Chase again.

"You're lucky it didn't break, it's the last one we've got left," I said in a low voice, rubbing my hands together, and watching my smoky breath. It was freezing outside, and I pulled my cloak around me.

"Wow, lucky me, I love drinking troll piss," Chase laughed back, taking the last slug of the glowing, red potion.

I smiled at him, and turned around to look at Gray. He had taken a few steps away from us, and was now rummaging through his bag, desperately searching for something, but what?

I looked away again, figuring he was probably just looking for another potion.
My smiled quickly disappeared, when Gray returned with pupils starting to dilate, and shaking hands, sitting down right next to me.

"Fire," he whispered, reaching his hand out, nearly touching the flames.

"Fire?"

"Fire."

The campfire's flame danced in the dark, casting shadows and providing a warm glow.
I took his hand in mine, to try and stop him from touching the flame. What was he doing?

"Fire, as a light in the darkness," he continued to whisper.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, slowly getting more and more worried about him. He needed to stop taking all this humam medicine.

"Yeah, what's going on, sapphire boy?"

I could clearly hear the worry in Chase's voice too, and our eyes locked, both filled with panic.

"Get some water," I mouthed to him, grabbing Gray by his shoulders.

Chase nodded, and quickly threw me my water bottle.