Chapter 5: Operation: Wondercolt

Start from the beginning

You both shared a laugh. Your family and Spike join in. After a few minutes, you then get a phone call. You look who's calling, and it's your friend Flash Sentry.

(Y/N): That's odd. Flash doesn't call me that early. I wonder why he is.

Twilight looks at your phone.

Twilight: Maybe answer it and find out.

You then answer the call.

(Y/N): Hey Flash. What's up?

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) Hey, (Y/N). So listen, I overheard what you guys were planning to help Twilight get more votes for Fall Formal Princess, and I want to help also.

You were surprised to hear this.

(Y/N): You do? That'd be awesome. I have Twilight with me right now. Mind if I put you on speaker so we can all hear how you're going to help?

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) I don't mind at all. Is she there?

(Y/N): Yeah. She's here. I'll put you on speaker.

You then put your phone down and put Flash on speaker.

(Y/N): Flash, can you hear me?

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) Loud and clear.

You look at Twilight.

(Y/N): Say hi to Flash, Twilight.

Twilight: Hi, Flash.

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) Hey Twilight. So the reason I'm calling is because I would like to help you guys out. Give Twilight more votes for Fall Formal Princess.

Twilight is surprised.

Twilight: You'd help me? Why?

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) You and my bud, (Y/N), are the bravest people to stand up to her. You deserve to win. Plus, a friend of (Y/N) is a friend of mine.

(Y/N): Flash, we appreciate your help. So what did you have in mind?

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) I was thinking of bringing in my guitar and doing some performance with the Wonder Colts song. Add some more jams to it.

(S/N): If you need a singer, my little brother would love to sing.

(Y/N): Flash, don't mind my sister. But she's not wrong. I am a good singer.

Twilight: I can agree with that.

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) I had no idea you could sing.

(Y/N): I wouldn't say I like to sing that much. I get stage fright easily.

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) I get it dude. Totally get it. But that's what I'm thinking.

(Y/N): I think that's a great idea. We can meet up at 8 before classes start at the front.

Flash Sentry: (on the phone) Sounds good. I'll see you both there.

You and Twilight: See you there.

Flash hangs up.

Twilight: That was nice of him to help us out.

(Y/N): Agreed. But I think there's another reason he wants to help.

Twilight: Really? What makes you think that?

(Y/N): Well, don't tell him I told you this, but he and Sunset used to be a... couple of sorts.

Twilight was surprised by this.

Twilight: They were? What happened to them?

You knew you shouldn't tell her, but you had to tell her.