Chapter 10

Hello everyone! I'm finally back with a new chapter after way too long. I did keep my promise- at least, in the country I'm releasing this, it's still December 31st. So it counts!

However, I'm still sorry that you guys had to wait so long. I just have a lot on my plate and not as much free time as I thought I would have, unfortunately. Thankfully, after June, I'll be finally gone with school and I'll have way more free time :D Which is great, especially for you guys.

Still, hold on tight until July. It's going to be some slow months. Nevertheless, I wanna thank you for all of the support you've been giving me. If it wasn't for all of your kudos and comments, I'm not sure if I was still continuing this.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this :D And I hope you guys are all well <3

Tails looked around the living room, where his family was gathered. After Longclaw helped him, he finally revealed what was troubling him so badly. He realized the rest of his family deserved to know the truth- not just Longclaw.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous, but he needed to tell them. And, even though a part of him screamed, saying that he was being selfish, he now knew he wasn't.

"Sweetie, is everything okay?" Her mom said, interrupting his line of thinking. Tails sighed.

It was now or never.

"Everything is okay." Tails replied, with a ghost of a smile on his face. "You guys... have known for a while... that..." Tails tried to continue, but he felt his chest getting tighter and tighter from how nervous he was feeling. He knew he would have to share a lot of his past—a lot of things he didn't want to ever remember—with everyone, including Longclaw, whom he hadn't even shared much with to begin with.

"That...I haven't really told..." Tails somehow, despite the increasing strength of his chest getting tighter, carried on, looking down to the ground. "Y'know, what happened... before we met. I-I had... another nightmare today... and... I couldn't sleep. Longclaw found me and..." Tails looked at Longclaw briefly, who gave him a small smile of encouragement. "...she made me understand that I needed to tell you guys... my past... you're my family, and you deserve to know." Tails finished, after a tremendous amount of strength he didn't know he had in him.

He looked back at his family.

They were looking at him with compassion and care. His chest became less tight, and he let go of a breath he didn't even know he had been holding.

"Little bro," Sonic said, being the first to break the silence. "If you don't feel ready to talk about it, that's okay."

"Exactly, bud. We all want to help you, but only if you feel comfortable sharing." His dad replied while everyone gave their version of agreement.

"You aren't going to burden us, little bud. We only want you to be happy!" Sonic added as positively and happily as he could.

"Thanks... but I want to." Tails eventually replied, smiling softly. His family—his real family—were so caring and loved him unconditionally. Something that was so foreign in his past. His family would never abandon him. They would always be there for him, the same way he would be for them.