Chapter 7

Hewwwooo everyone! I'm back!

Sorry for taking so long- but updating two fics at the same is harder than I thought. Also I may or may not have gone through a little Phineas and Ferb fic obsession for a few days, and read a lot of ao3 and fanfic.net fics. Which obviously delayed my writing too.

Also you guys might have noticed (or not lol) that I've tweaked the timeline a bit in this fic. So, instead of a year gap between Green Hills meeting Sonic and Tails and Knuckles showing up, it's eight months. And instead of six months between Sonic, Tails and Knuckles becoming brothers and Longclaw coming back, it's ten months. I did that because I found out recently that the second movie's book said there were eight months between the first and second movie.

It's nothing crazy, but I felt it would be better that way.

And just one more thing before I let you guys read this new chapter. I've realized I've never said the ages Sonic, Tails and Knuckles have in this fic. So, I'm going to do that now lol.

Sonic - 14 years old and a half (I headcanon him as being 13 years old in the first movie)
Tails - Almost 8 years old (I headcanon him as being 7 years old in the second movie)
Knuckles - Almost 16 years old (I headcanon him as being 15 years old in the second movie)

Well... that's it! Hope you guys enjoy this new chapter!

Longclaw and Sonic were almost reaching the center of Green Hills, where the humans gathered most frequently. Longclaw would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous.

She was definitely nervous.

She sort of trusts Tom and Maddie—they both (and Sonic, too) showed enough reasons for that—but other humans? Not so much.

Sonic trusted them, and the whole town kept him a secret the whole time until the world found out. And that was just enough for her to go anywhere near those humans. Especially since Sonic sure loved them. And a lot.

And then there's Tails—what a poor kid! He had to go through so much, and he's still only seven! She really hopes they can help him get better. Perhaps she could help him, too—if the opportunity surges, that is.

From what Sonic had shared with her, Tails was a true genius. He had done so many things she could only dream of doing! And seeing h-their Sonic being so proud of his little brother was honestly pretty enduring to see. Sonic has a heart of gold, so it's not a surprise that he is a good brother to Tails... and a good brother to Knuckles too.

Speaking of Knuckles...

When she woke up this morning, she certainly hadn't been expecting Knuckles to offer the proposal of sharing the Master Emerald with them. She had already been content to know that their son shared the Master Emerald. And if something were to happen, she (when her other ring fully healed, that is) and Sonic could defend themselves and each other. But the fact that he asked if she wanted to be part of their order, when she knew (since Sonic had told her yesterday, when they were the only ones together) that Sonic wasn't going to ask Knuckles for that, really surprised her. She's still not sure if Knuckles' intentions are pure or not.