Chapter 9

Hello everyone!

The new chapter is finally here! So sorry for the big wait, but updating two fics, with school and an internship, hasn't been easy lol.

Also I wanted to make this chapter longer than usual, but if I had done that... I would've realized this chapter by December hahaha

But, anyways, hope you guys like it :D

Longclaw looked at the whole view filled with all kinds of humans outside of the Watchowski's home as comprehension overtook her features.

They were... throwing a party for her?

It wasn't just Sonic and his family—no, the whole town decided to throw a whole party for her.

It was an unofficial tradition this town held since the town had been created, and it was held for every newcomer to the town. This party was also apparently mandatory, or 'they would bring it to you'. (The residents' words, not hers.)

It was undeniable the pure shock across her face when they told her about the party. She felt all the years of loneliness that she had to carry softly fading out of her, while her chest began warming up brightly with gratitude and happiness.

"Your party is going to be ready in an hour! We hope you enjoy it!" A female resident had told her. As the mass group of people began leaving the Watchowski's home to finish working on her surprise party,

On her surprise party. Even though she had technically invaded their town, they not only accepted her but also wanted her to have a good stay here. They wanted to celebrate her staying in Green Hills. The same way they had celebrated their son's, Tails', and Knuckles'.

At that moment, she knew, for certain, that she had made the right choice by staying on Green Hills. Sonic had been rambling non-stop at how loving the humans here were. But she never thought they were this loving. And Longclaw, since Sonic came into her life, had never felt more warm, happy, and grateful all at once.

Things seemed to be really looking up for her... And she couldn't help but be hopeful for her and Sonic's future.

In the hour that followed, all of them patiently waiting for the party, Sonic told her, his feet almost leaving the ground at times, how they all got the same kind of surprise party.

Sonic and Tails were the only ones who already knew about it, for... obvious reasons (and Longclaw had to suppress her guilt once again at the mere thought of the reason why Sonic already knew).

As Longclaw continuously casted her feelings of guilt and listened attentively to the kids and to the echidna (where Sonic did most of the talking. Not that she minded, whatsoever, she loved hearing their kid talk), the hour soon passed by, and Longclaw, now standing right in front at the poster 'Welcome to Green Hills, Longclaw', with everyone, including their Sonic and the Watchowski's family, shouting what the banner said, warmed her heart and her whole being in so many ways that she never thought of as being possible.