Chapter 2

Guess who's back with a new chapter?

First of all, I wanted to thank y'all for your support! I'm glad so many people got interested in my fanfic :)
Also, don't get used to such fast updates until, like, July lol. I'm in my 2 week break before I start the third and last term of school. And the third term of school is very... hectic... Extremely hectic, in fact. So yeah, just wanted to let y'all know.

But anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this new chapter!

Soon, Longclaw was brought to the Wachowskis' house. Well... as soon as you could bring a big owl to your living room, that is.

Maddie was putting bandages on Longclaw's wings and treating her wounds while everyone else, including Sonic, watched her. Everyone was shocked when Sonic told his family that that bleeding owl was Longclaw. The one who had raised him in his first three years of life.

And Sonic's heart... was still racing faster than it ever did before.

Longclaw was alive... hurt, but alive.

And yet he feels so conflicted. He should be happy, and he is! But, at the same time, he can't help but wonder: "Why didn't she come back for him?" He had been alone for 10 years. Robbed of any actual interaction with the world around him. Always trusting what Longclaw had told him he needed to do. But... Longclaw had been wrong!

Yes, there were people—like Eggman—that wanted to use him as nothing more than a mere object or creature. But then there were his parents and the Green Hill residents, who treated him like a person. Who cared and loved him. And he was robbed of that for 10 years because of her! And she didn't even come to Earth to find him! To be there like... a mother was supposed to!

Sonic, immediately, realized that he had overlooked one very important factor. Not only did Longclaw come back, but his mother did, too. His first mother. And now he felt even more conflicted. He knows what Maddie told her. He knows that Maddie being his mom didn't replace Longclaw's place as his first mom. But that was back when he and everyone else thought Longclaw was dead.

Would he be forced to choose one of them, eventually? And would that mean that either Maddie or Longclaw would be replaced? It's- just—he doesn't even want to think about it!

His heart aches just from the thought of replacing and/or choosing one of them. He feels so hopeless, conflicted, and lost that he starts getting out of breath silently. A few blue sparks started flashing on Sonic's back.

Breathe in and out... like Maddie taught you.

Sonic started breathing in and out slowly. Sonic thought that since everyone was so busy with Longclaw, they wouldn't notice him having a big mini-breakdown. However, he was wrong. His mom—his second mom—definitely noticed.

"Sonic? Are you ok?" Maddie asked, worry present in her tone.

Wasn't Maddie just treating Longclaw's wounds? Wasn't everyone observing her? He really had gotten lost in his head, hadn't he?

"...n-no..." Sonic said, looking up at Maddie with small tears on his face, as some blue sparks flashed on Sonic's back.