Chapter 3

Hewooo! It has been quite a while, hasn't it?

In my defense, this chapter took me so long because I was finishing my other fanfic. But later than never, I suppose. Unfortunately, I'll only be able to finish writing the next chapter and publish it in June. This month is going to be absolute chaos in terms of tests. I'll only have time to write on the weekends (and even then I don't think I'll have time to write during them lol)

Still, I hope y'all enjoy this new chapter :)

It was the start of the morning. Maddie and Tom had just woken up (since it was a workday) while everyone else was sound asleep. It had been two days since Longclaw had come through their world and apparently time traveled. After everything that had happened in the last year and a half, at this point, a big alien owl coming out in the middle of the baseball field, where his son was going to have a game, was just another Saturday for Tom.

Unfortunately, at first, Sonic reacted badly to Longclaw. And Tom really couldn't blame the kid. After all, Tom and Maddie knew that Sonic had had a rough and traumatic childhood. He still vividly remembers when Sonic told them one day that he had been on earth for 10 years. Knowing that he was 13 at the time was kind of shocking, to say the least. They knew he had been young when he came, but they never thought it was that much. Imagining a 3-year-old struggling to survive, especially during the winter months, was just... something heartbreaking, especially to Maddie. Sonic didn't see it that way, or rather, didn't want to.

Finding out your supposed dead mother was actually alive and wasn't there when you needed her the most would've been very hard for... anyone, really. Apparently, though, it seemed like Longclaw had time traveled. Just the possibility had made Sonic's spirit go up significantly. Even more than Tails, Knuckles, and them, with their group hug, had.

Speaking of Knuckles and Tails, Tom and Maddie would've never guessed their family of three would become a family of five so quickly. Despite their first awkward encounter, the two immediately integrated into the Wachowski family and became Sonic's siblings. Tails was a sweet, polite, kind, but clearly somewhat traumatized little fox. Knuckles, while looking like a very rough echidna, was actually very sweet and kind, with a big sense of justice and honor and a very differentiated vocabulary, but also very much traumatized.

While Tails didn't feel comfortable talking about what traumatized him (they knew it was something related to his two tails, though), Knuckles was surprisingly very open and honest about it, perhaps too much...

And because of all the clear trauma their boys had gone through, Maddie suggested therapy for their three alien sons. Tom had agreed to look for someone who would agree to help their kids. He just hoped that therapy for three alien kids wasn't very different from that for three human kids. However, now that Longclaw is in the picture, they will have to postpone those plans. After all, Longclaw was also Sonic's mother, like Maddie was. Which meant that Longclaw would also have a say in Sonic's well-being. Once Longclaw woke up and they told everything (besides the 'Blue Justice' thing, Eggman is more than enough!), they would talk about the rules in the house and everything Sonic-related, of course. But that's for later. Right now, as Tom was heading to the kitchen, the owl was still sleeping right beside Sonic, who was snoring slightly.

'He looks so cute when he's asleep.' Tom thought.

While Maddie got dressed, Tom started making breakfast as quietly as possible, so he didn't wake Sonic up.

Sonic hadn't been sleeping in the attic these past two days, instead sleeping right beside Longclaw in his sleeping bag. His kid really missed her. And as Sonic had said, if Longclaw woke up in the middle of the night, she wouldn't be freaked out.