Chapter 4: Twilight's Confession

Start from the beginning

Rarity: Right. Anyways, (Y/N) you must keep a low profile to keep yourself hidden from Sunset Shimmer.

(Y/N): (scoffs) It's pretty hard to not keep a low profile, especially around her. I have no idea how she finds me so easily. In fact, I think it's that way with all the girls. I honestly don't even know why it's hard to find a way to hide myself or change my identity.

All the girls blushed because they knew why. You took notice.

(Y/N): What?

They regain their composures and remove their blushes.

Humane 6: IT'S NOTHING!!!

Your eyes widen.

(Y/N): Um, okay. But it is hard to hide my identity.

Rarity: Well, we can think of something.

Applejack: All right, girls. The dance is tomorrow night, and we still don't know how we're gonna get Twilight the votes she needs to be named princess. Right now, folks only know Twilight who is new and a friend of (Y/N). We need to help 'em see her differently.

(Y/N): Agreed, but how do we do that?

You and the girls think for a moment before Rarity comes up with an idea.

Rarity: I'VE GOT IT!!!

Then everyone turns their attention to your table. Rarity blushes out of embarrassment and clears her throat.

(Y/N): What's your idea, Rares?

She blushed at the nickname you gave her.

Rarity: Perhaps I have a solution. Now this may be an absolutely preposterous idea, but what if we all wore these as a sign of unity?

She holds up plastic ears and tails

(Y/N): What are those?

Rarity: Freshman year, these were very, very popular. It was a way for everybody to show their school spirit! You know? "Go, Canterlot Wondercolts!" Ahem, I haven't sold any in ages.

You look at her in confusion because you have no idea about this.

(Y/N): But that was last year. Even though I didn't know about it.

Rarity: Metaphorically darling. I mean, the six of us are obviously very different, but deep down, we're all Canterlot Wondercolts! Sunset Shimmer is the one who divided us, Twilight Sparkle and (Y/N) are the ones who united us. And we're gonna let everyone know it! What do you think?

Everyone gives a thumbs up except for you because you're not much of a hat-wearer. Rarity took notice.

Rarity: Is it not good enough, darling?

(Y/N): It's uh, not just that. I love the idea. It's that I'm not really a hat-wearer or I don't dress up like that. Please don't get mad at me.

Rarity: Darling, you have to wear it. Do it for us. Please?

You get up and back away as Rarity tries to put it on your head. Twilight then walks to Rarity and whispers an idea in Rarity's ear. Twilight then walks to you and says

Twilight: Hey, (Y/N), is that a new undiscovered dragon species behind you?

You get excited and turn around.

(Y/N): Really, where?

Twilight: Now, Rarity.

Rarity places the horse ears on your head. You took notice and tried to take them off.

(Y/N): Twi, you tricked me. No. Get them off, get them off.

Twilight then grabs your hands and calms you down.