Chapter Thirty Four

Third Person's POV

It was already past ten when Namjoon had contacted Jungkook. Namjoon went immediately to meet him and right now he was seated outside, gazing at the flowers. He heard the door open, felt the younger male sit on the floor, and joined him in looking ahead.

"I know," Namjoon began, "You're not the only person responsible for what Jimin has become. I also understand why you've chosen the child."

"But even knowing that, I still feel the need to blame you, Jungkook." Namjoon took a deep breath, trying to calm himself amid the anger he felt.

"You're one of those people who destroyed Jimin. He's... he's so broken that I fear he'll never be able to mend his heart."

"He did it again, Jungkook." Jungkook's eyes widened, feeling a deafening impact from what he heard.

"He's hurting himself physically, and I can't even imagine how many attempts Jimin has made. I saw it, Gguk, and I'm scared. I can't even address it- I can't. All I did was stare at his bandaged wrists. It has been two years, yet he still has those thoughts." Hearing this, Jungkook wanted to fly back to Daegu instantly. He needed to make sure everything was okay.

"Stop," Namjoon restrained him. "If you're planning on going back, I suggest you stop. He stopped himself, Jungkook. He didn't go through with it; he's fine." But this reassurance didn't lessen Jungkook's intense worry at the moment.

"But I need to know what really is going on between you two. Please don't lie and tell me the truth, Jungkook."

"He wants to get back at me. And he doesn't know that I'm aware of it. I didn't intentionally find out, but I'm willing. If this is the only way he can see to lessen his suffering, I'll gladly accept it." Namjoon suddenly felt a slight pity for the younger one, though he didn't show it.

"It's a good thing then." Namjoon's point wasn't entirely clear, yet the younger remained silent. "He doesn't want to be associated with anyone but you, Jungkook. Do everything you can to help him." Namjoon looked at his cousin.

"Help him heal, Gguk." Jungkook looked at him, seeing the pleading in his eyes. Now, he was slowly beginning to understand. "Whatever the cost, you should help him heal. It's only you that can do that." Even without being told, that was already on Jungkook's mind. He nodded at the older male, and that was all Namjoon needed to feel reassured.

***

The moment Namjoon left, Jungkook immediately called Jimin. He answered on the first ring, as if anticipating the younger male's call.

"Why..."

Jungkook thought he was asking why he called, he was about to explain but Jimin cut him off.