048.

5 hours left until the regulars announcement.

||Central Dining Room||

"Rin, you okay?" You ask while carrying a tray of food in your hands.

"Yeah. My nose stopped bleeding. Never mind that, where'd that antennae freak go?" Rin asks, still munching on his food.

"They took him to the 'Punishment Room'." You stole some of his food with your chopsticks.

"Oi..." Rin grew an irk mark, watching you walk away while eating his food.

"...Bitter." You made a disgusted expression while you walk to a random seat.

||♡||

*Tap*

*Tap*

*Tap*

"Have you reached a decision, Ego-san...?" Anri walks in the room.

"...Yup. 'Too many cooks spoil the broth.' Anri-chan..." Ego scratches his head.

"Huh?" Anri tilted her head to the side in confusion and curiosity.

"In order to seize victory... There are certain talents that get cut away." He explains.

Suddenly, Anri's phone rang.

"There's someone on the line for you! Ego-san!" Anri informs.

"Who is it? At this fucking important time?"

"It's president buratsuta...!" Anri said, earning Ego's full attention.

||Central Room||

TIME LEFT UNTIL REGULARS ANNOUNCEMENT
00:00:09 LEFT

"Ugh... I'm so nervous!" Nanase place his hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat.

"Take care of your heart, don't leap out." Hiori said.

When the timer reached zero, a door slide opened, revealing someone's figure.

"Good work out there, you unpolished gems... I believe this makes it the second time that we're meeting directly...?" Ego spoke. "Greetings."

"For starters, I'll reiterate. Football is a sport where you score goals."

"'Goals' are the entire reason a striker exists. That's why with the third selection's tryouts... I decided to form a team centered around the one with the highest goal rate."

"Steel your hearts and listen hard. I'm about to announce the eleven players who will play against Japan's U-20."

"First, the number one player... Itoshi Rin."

"With an average of 2.5 goals per match, this team will be centered around you in an aggressive offense oriented formation."

"The type of team that might suffer 5 goals but win by scoring 6. This is the only way a Blue Lock Team made up of strikers can win."

"'Destruction begets destruction.' you will lead the team embodying this theme."

"And the following the player's whose names I will call, will become the ammo to escalate that destruction."

"First, the goalkeeper. Gagamaru Gin."

"With the ability to react to balls at an instant's notice and overall flexibility, your physical attribute numbers make you the top candidate for goalkeeper. You will be this team's guardian."