A Second Chance PT 5

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, I second that” Miguel tries his best to drown them out and focus on the screens but easier said than done.

“I'm going to end up coming up there if-” He cuts him off immediately. “Peter I swear-”

“Dammit Mayday honey come here. What did I tell you about climbing the walls” Out of the corner of his eyes he sees Mayday crawling over just above the platform but her eyes are glued on you. He watches as a big grin emits on your face as you stare at her. You take slow steps towards her before turning back around to look at Miguel as if asking for permission. He sighs even though he could stop you he doesn't have it in him to do so. He gives you a nod just as Mayday stops in front of you.

•°~°•
You watch as the little girl stands up slowly before using her hands to signal you to pick her up. You happily oblige slowly bending over and placing her on the left side of your hip. “Hey little munchkin” You use a finger to poke her stomach and she giggles and does the same thing back to you.

The sounds of her laughter have to be contagious because now you're laughing as well. A fresh set of tears fills your eyes as you can't help but imagine her as your own daughter who will be here in just a few months. You turn to look at Miguel only to catch him already staring at you. Maybe he wants to hold her? You begin to make your way over to him-

“Mayday sweetie—Oh my…you're very pregnant” You stare at the man in a pink robe and you give him a small wave.

You gesture to the little girl in your arms. “Is she your's?” He nods his head and he takes slow steps towards you.

You watch as his eyes dance between you Miguel and the little girl in your arms.“Are you with Miguel?”

“Yeah, he's my friend” A smile emits on his face as he walks towards you. He holds out his hand and you happily accept it. “Any friend of Miguel is a friend of mine, I'm Peter. Miguel is actually my best man-”

“I'm not” You turn to look at Miguel right when the little girl in your arms ends up resting her head on your chest. You look down realizing that she's fallen asleep. The dam breaks and you immediately start to cry biting on your bottom lip to prevent yourself from making any sounds you turn to show Miguel.

Through your tears, you smile at him. “Spidey look s-she's fallen asleep” You walk over to him when you notice that he's not looking at you. His right hand lays against his chest around where his heart should be and he's rubbing it rather harshly. What is he—yiu pause as you feel a hand on your shoulder preventing you from going any further. “He doesn't do well with kids….come let me take her from you she's heavy when she's sleeping” The man takes back his daughter before trying to carefully put her back in the carrier.

“It usually takes me hours to get her to sleep. Thank you” You give him a small smile as you stand there watching the little girl. You can't wait till it's going to be your own daughter in your arms. “I'm surprised he got an assistant Miguel doesn't-”

A deep sigh can be heard behind you. “She's not my assistant so stop calling her that”

“Yeah well me and the other Spiders definitely came to check in on you and not to see your new….uh your new lady friend?”

“Oh, there's more of you?” Placing a hand on your stomach you walk over to the edge making sure not to step too close as you lean over to get a better look. Leaning over just a smidge you peer over the edge giving a big smile to the three spiders you see below. Oh, you even recognized one of them, it's Jessica.

“Hello everyone I'm-” You jump back when a red web shoots out in front of you and lands on the other side of the platform preventing you from going any further.
You turn your head to the sound of heavy footsteps approaching.