Chapter 5

Chapter - 5

Mohammad Alotal

Mohammad was a software developer. Full of life and energetic. A soft smile was always there on his face no matter how busy and stressed he was. Mohammad graduated in developing software from Manana's S22 cohort. He was a loving son, a very good father, and a devoted husband. Among his family and friends, he never let down anyone in any way.

Mohammad was highly ambitious and he loved learning new skills. At work Mohammad was exceptional. He aimed at mobile development using Flutter. He built many mobile apps. He was very creative and his work was what he adored. He was always thinking of something new and creative. His software designs were praised a lot.

Mohammad was killed (embraced martyrdom) along with his wife and three children due to the bombing of their home in Gaza on October 24, 2023.

Mohmoud Abushawish

Mahmoud Abushawish was a positive, bright, and creative human being. He was full of life and was highly innovative. He graduated from Startups Without Borders in collaboration with the Boost Without Border Programme.

He was the founder of "Torood", a tech startup that supported and transformed the stores in Gaza. He made e-commerce a reality for Gaza. Mahmoud launched his startup in a highly challenging environment. Many obstacles blocked his way but he never gave up hope and finally, he made his startup possible. He had high aims and dreams. He wanted to bring prosperity to the lives of the people of Gaza. His positive impact and contributions will live on as his legacy.

He was not only an extraordinary brilliant human being but also a loving and caring son, husband, and father. he was always backing up his friends and even colleagues.

He was determined to change Gaza stores by introducing a bright future to them through e-commerce.

Mahmoud was killed in the bombing of his home and residential complex in Gaza with many members of his family. He is survived by his wife and children.

Ayoub Abu Lebda

An intelligent and prominent student of Al-Aqsa University. He excelled in his academic career beyond the shadow of a doubt. A young, handsome man, with lots of hopes and dreams. He was in love with his homeland Gaza, and wanted it to improve for the betterment of people. Like all Palestinian people, he was hoping too that one day he would see the end of the siege of Gaza and his motherland would gain its sovereignty.

Despite all the challenges, he continued his education and lived every day better than yesterday. After finishing his education he focused on finding a good job to support himself and his family. Hardshps and lack of opportunities stopped his way too just like a lot of others in Gaza. Due to unfavorable circumstances, lack of opportunities, and above all no freedom of life in the occupied territory.

His home was in the Al-Burej refugee camp which stretched into the heart of the Gaza Strip. Besides all the highs and lows of life, Ayoub was going with the flow of life and was a beloved, dutiful son, husband, and father plus a respected and caring person in society.

On 4 December 2023, a tragic airstrike in Gaza took away his life (embraced martyrdom) along with his wife, children, siblings, and parents.

Young Live and Their Lost Dreams

The children of Gaza are scared and numb by the brutality and tragedy they have weathered. The suffering and pain is imprinted on their minds who managed to survive in uncertain, unimaginable, possible, impossible ways. Still, they have to deal with all these feelings on their own.

This is a try to see their lives, thoughts, and minds by chasing and being part of their stories in some way.

Julia is a child only four years old. An airstrike on Deir-Al-Balah killed (martyred) both her parents and Julia was left orphaned. Civil Defense Workers rescued her from the rubble.