Chapter 39

Alexandra's POV

One week.

It has been one week and two days since I saw Everett.

One week and two days ago, he kissed me and I haven't seen him ever since. He hasn't showed up to school and neither has he answered my calls or texts.

A part of me thinks he regretted the kiss, another part of me thinks something happened to him and my heart shatters at both the reasons just thinking about it.

Nolan and Sebastian don't look the same either, they've been quieter than usual this past week and it scares me because they won't tell me what's wrong with Everett.

They keep telling me he's sick but I think it's bull crap.

It's almost Christmas and we were suppose to have a Christmas sleepover but no one has been bringing the topic up so I assume it's been cancelled.

We've been on Christmas break for two days now and I've heard nothing from the boys— it's worrying me.

I'm so scared that I might've done something wrong. I'm scared that Everett regretted the kiss and I'm scared he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.

Even if he regretted it, I don't. His kiss was the best feeling ever, how could I regret it?

I'm worried that something happened to Everett.

He's left all my texts on read and I'm so scared that he regrets that night.

His words that day was all I've been thinking about. His kisses were all I've been thinking about and the way my lips felt and the look in his eyes and his touch and his freaking body under the tips of my fingers is all I've been thinking about.

I've fallen for you, Alexandra.

Those five words. I love those five words. I miss those five words.

I miss him. I miss his kiss. I miss the feeling of his touch, god I miss it all.

I haven't been able to sleep properly knowing somethings wrong with Everett— I can't sleep.

I've been so used to sleeping to the sound of his voice that sleep doesn't even come to me anymore unless I hear his voice.

"Why so sad?" I heard mom's voice from the door of my room as I looked away from the picture I took during that day at the ferris wheel.

His hands were under my shirt, touching my bare skin as I looked at the camera with my tongue sticking out, whereas Everett was staring at me, with a look in his eyes that makes my heart skip beats every single time I see the picture.

With a sigh, I replied to mom's question, "It's nothing." my eyes moved back to my phone and I scrolled to the next picture, where Everett was kissing my head and I was smiling brightly at the camera.

I wish he could tell me what's wrong.

"You miss him, huh?" mom teased, looking at the picture on my phone with a small smile.

I pursed my lips, "I haven't heard from him in over a week." I admitted at last, never taking my eyes off my phone as I continued to scroll through the pictures from that day while tightly hugging cocoa— the stuffed animal Everett won for me at the carnival.

His faint scent was there— barely there but it was there.

My eyes landed on the picture where I was sitting on top of him, hugging his head close to my chest while he stared at the camera with a soft smile on his lips whereas my hands were tangled in his hair.