Chapter 37

Alexandra's POV

Just two more days later, I'm back at school. I was sick the past few days and haven't been to school ever since that night. I guess the cold really got to me because I still have a slight runny nose and a little cough but other than that, I'm fully recovered and sitting in Chemistry with the boys.

It was as if what I told them that night never really happened, and I'm grateful that they haven't brought it up or treated me any differently. That's all I could ask for because I was so afraid of them treating me differently. I didn't want that.

But there's just two more weeks until Christmas, and three more weeks until New Years.

I've always wondered what Christmas and New Years would be like here. Our whole house is decorated with Christmas decoration and a huge Christmas tree was in the living room, I had the opportunity to place a big star on top of the tree and that alone made me happy.

I also have a small white Christmas tree in my room that I decorated with ornaments and fairy lights that makes my tree look rose gold— I think it looks so pretty.

All that was done yesterday when I was still sick at home— I had so much time that I opened the delivered packages of decorations I ordered and put up the Christmas tree.

My room looks super festive now.

"Let's have a Christmas sleepover." Nolan spoke, making me look up from the class worksheet I was doing as he plopped down on a chair next to Sebastian.

Everett sat on one side of me while Sebastian sat on the other and the both of them had their head plopped on their arms while they dozed off— except Everett was listening to music with his hood up and Sebastian was full on snoring.

"Sleepover?" I tilted my head to the side and looked at Nolan questionably, "Where?"

"We can have it at my house, my parents wouldn't mind as long as we don't make too much noise." he beamed, his eyes shining and already showing excitement.

Which made me excited to be able to celebrate Christmas for the first time.

A pressure on my shoulder made me look at Everett who made a move to place his head on my shoulder, facing the other side as he closed his eyes, "I like the idea." I replied to Nolan, seeing as Everett wasn't even listening and Sebastian was... well sleeping.

"Everett?" I called out to Everett as he hummed, "Are you going?" I asked.

"Going where?" he took out one side of his earphones and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Christmas sleepover. Open your ears, you dingus." Nolan joked whereas Everett scowled at him before he looked back at me and suddenly, my heart drummed against my chest.

Something that always happens when he looks at me.

"Are you going?" he asked.

"I have to ask my parents first but I'm sure they won't mind." I smiled at him, not failing to notice the way his eyes softened.

"I'm going if you are."

"He's so whipped." I heard Nolan mutter but I ignored his comment and instead continued doing the class worksheet, biting my lip in order to contain my smile.

He is?

❦ ❦ ❦

"Hey! That was uncalled for!" my voice came out loud as I slapped Sebastian's hand away who had pulled my hair, making my head jerk backwards.

"I'm sorry! It was an accident! Your hairs so long that it got stuck on my watch!" he gently patted my head and continuously apologised.

"I swear your watch hates me, I still remember that one time it hit me in the face." I mumbled while rubbing my scalp, when suddenly, huge groups of students went running past us to where yells could be heard.