The 1940s surprise

Start from the beginning

A woman's voice with a British accent rang from afar. She didn't seem all too happy about what was going on and her voice held just the slightest hint of tension.

Alena opened her eyes, slowly regaining understanding of her surroundings. Everything looked so ... different ... so classy, almost vintage chic. With a deep intake of breath, she sat up, the fabric of the green couch-like object feeling smooth against her skin.

The 17 year old tried remembering how she got here and then it hit her. She was in the past!

Immediately, she began scanning the room in an attempt to match the style of furniture to the time period she ended up in. From what she gathered, it had to be the late 40s, possibly only a year or two after her father went into the ice.

,,Oh good, you're awake"

The woman, whose voice had rang through the room earlier approached Alena. When the redhead looked up and met the woman's eyes, her jaw dropped. It was Peggy Carter, her dad's old friend, his first love, from the 40s.

Her step was powerful, yet she looked kind. Although Alena couldn't help but notice the slight discomfort the woman's face held as she made a rapid movement.

,,Hi, I-"

The 17 year old decided to introduce herself, just to be cut off by Peggy's sharp gaze. It seemed like she was studying her, the longer she looked, the softer her gaze grew, almost as if it was something about Alena that threw her off.

,,Miss Carter are you quite- , Oh dear"

A man with a very British accent entered the room, his pace fast before stopping dead in his tracks. His gaze snapped between Alena and Peggy, almost as if he was trying to figure out who she was by observing Peggy's expression.

Alena finally decided to make a move, holding up her hands to show she didn't have any weapons, which of course, wasn't true. She wouldn't dare get caught without at least a small gun for defense. Habit she picked up from her mom early on.

,,Sorry about uhm, your roof. Didn't mean to do that"

She apologised awkwardly, pointing to the hole in the roof outside. Apparently she'd fallen right on top of what seemed to be a sparring mat, at least that's what she figured by the wood splinters and dust all over it.

Peggy came closer before sitting down at the end of the couch Alena was still sitting on. Again, she didnt look all too comfortable while doing so. Nonetheless, her brown eyes were fixated at the 17 year olds face, more specifically, her eyes, which by now flickered out of nervousness.

,,What did you say your name was?"

The brunette finally asked, her expression stern and a little bit intimidating. Alena knew from stories her dad told that if Peggy Carter asked something of you, you better do as Peggy says.

So, the redhead took a deep breath, holding eyecontact with the woman she only knew from stories.

,,I'm Alena. Alena Romanoff-Rogers"

She introduced herself, smiling at Peggy.

The brunette woman backed away a little, confusion and suspicion written all over her face. To be fair, Alena knew this must be a shock because for all Peggy knew, Steve died 2 years ago.