"Oh yeah? Then why don't you get your hand under my skirt for a change?" he suggests withdrawing his hand from her panties as he leans back waiting for her to take advantage of him.

"I don't know if this qualifies as a skirt," she says leaning up in the booth and draping one of her legs over him so she can sit astride his lap.

"Perhaps we could take this off... compare it to mine, for scientific purposes only of course," she says fingering the strap of the apron around his neck.

"Oh of course," he says as his hands grip her around her waist holding her tightly against him.

She leans down capturing his lips loving how soft and warm they are against hers even in this shared dream.

"Damon?" she moans as she rocks against him in his lap.

"Hm?" he asks moaning right back into her mouth as the friction she's creating in his lap is driving him insane.

"We're safe, right? The werewolves are gone... we're okay now," she says flashing back to the bloodbath Elijah and Jonas had to put a stop to just a few hours ago.

He pulls back and cradles her face in his hands.

"They're gone, no one's ever gonna hurt you again," he swears wishing he could go back and take every bit of pain anyone ever dared to dole out onto her for himself.

Damon pushes them out of their dreamscape wanting to be with her in the here and now instead of some alternate fantasy.

His grip on her has to be bruising but he can't force himself to ease up, needing to hold her to him as tightly as he can at the moment. He can't remember a time he needed something more to be honest.

Rolling across the bed together they work on consuming one another getting lost in the exquisite sensations they can draw out of one another.

Damon couldn't help thinking back to what Elena had said the other day... about only knowing Rose for a week and a half... how he should slow down.

The advice might have been coming from a place of jealousy, not that Elena would ever admit to it, but she hadn't been wrong.

This thing with Rose was getting way too intense way too fast but Damon didn't know how to love any other way.

He had only been with Katherine 5 weeks back in 1864... and he hadn't even had her all to himself back then but still, he loved her with everything he had for as long as he could... 140 years to be exact, until she threw his love and pathetic devotion right back in his face revealing what a duplicitous manipulative bitch she had really been all along.

So one and a half weeks of having Rose all to himself... frankly he was a little proud of himself he wasn't already proposing marriage. Elena might not understand it but this was him taking things slow.

During his inner musings, she had managed to strip him of all his clothes and was now kissing down his chest.

She was just about to take him in her mouth when the doorbell rang.

"Ugh, ignore it, maybe they'll go away," he tells her.

She continues kissing down his length letting her tongue draw a long line along the back of him before pursing her lips to force the tip of him past them into her mouth... but before she could continue and finally take him deep into the back of her throat the bell rang again this time more insistent.

She pulled him back out of her mouth looking up to him.

"I'm gonna have to go get that, aren't I?" he asks whining but already knowing the answer.