Negotiations

Rose and Damon were currently sitting at a cafe in Richmond waiting for Elijah.

Her knee was bouncing underneath the table like crazy as her anxiety was getting the better of her.

Damon who had been sitting across from her got up and slid into the booth next to her placing his large hand on her leg halting her one-woman Irish jig performance.

The weight of Damon's hand helps to calm her down and she takes a deep breath in before slowly letting it out.

Looking over at him she says, "Thank you."

"Don't mention it," he says before starting to pull his hand away but she is quick to grab it, "would you mind... could you keep it there for a bit," she asks shyly.

He smiles at her, "Not a problem although if you prefer, I could move it up a little, what do you say?" he asks giving her a wink.

She shakes her head at him but he catches the grateful smile she lets slip clearly she was thankful for the distraction even if he was being wildly inappropriate. 

He can't help but stare at her as he draws comforting circles above her knee on her inner thigh. He sees she's teetering between relaxing into his touch and letting her self-consciousness get the better of her and he is eager to see which side comes out victorious.

Sensing his gaze Rose turns and looks back at Damon the two getting a bit lost in each other.

Elijah uses their distraction to his advantage slipping into the booth across from them.

Damon gives her knee a little squeeze in reassurance and they both force themselves to look away and face Elijah.

"Elijah, thank you for meeting us," Rose tells him.

"I thought I asked you to bring Ms. Gilbert not..."

"Damon, Damon Salvatore," Damon says introducing himself.

"Ahh, I've just been referring to you as the young vampire stupid enough to stake me," Elijah says.

"Well now you can put a name to this charming face, you are welcome," he tells him earning a kick to his shin from Rose under the table.

"Elena is busy with school, we are trying to limit having all this affect her too much," Rose says explaining Elena's absence.

"And do you have the authority to negotiate on her behalf?" Elijah asks.

"Wasn't aware this was a negotiation," Rose explains, "you said something about explaining your motives, whatever you tell us if you wish for Elena to be made aware of it you can trust I will pass along the information," she tells him.

"Very well," Elijah says stretching out his arms a little before carefully resting them on the table.

"Klaus, I believe you've heard of him? He is the most feared and hated of the Originals, but those that fear him are no less desperate for his approval. Word about the doppelganger got out enough for you to grab her which means others will try as well. I can't have that," Elijah explains.

"Can't go losing your sacrifice before the times right?" Damon asks.

"Not exactly, let's just say my goal is not to break the curse," Elijah says correcting Damon's assumption.

Damon and Rose share a look not knowing if they can trust what Elijah is telling them.

"What is your goal then?" Rose asks.

"Klaus' obsession has made him paranoid, he's a recluse and he only trusts those in his immediate circle," Elijah says.

"Wouldn't that include you?" Roses asks.