"No, you're not selfish." Saavia finally broke her silence.

"And you don't have to pretend to be okay with it Dess. Tell him how you feel. I'm sure you didn't expect to fall for him as hard as you did. But now here you are and you need to face these emotions. But you also have to be okay with whatever answer he gives you. He told you from jump what it was, so don't fall a part of his feelings still align with what he said in the beginning."

Dess just nodded, processing Saavia's words.

"I feel so stupid. Why did I think I could change him?"

"You're not stupid. You're just in love. Sometimes we don't think as straight when we are in love." Saavia began wiping her falling tears.

Unexpectedly Dess threw her arms around Saavia, bringing her into a tight hug.

"Thank you so much girl." Saavia hugged her back, truly feeling for the girl.

Saavia was a girl's girl through and through. Sometimes to a fault. But she couldn't stand to see another girl cry, especially a black girl. She'd do anything in her ability to help.

"No problem."

"That was so good baby

"That was so good baby."

"Yea, this might be my new spot."

"Mine too." She agreed.

Saavia and Dayvon were currently at a new soul food restaurant in town 'Lady Purple', eating their favorite meal of all time.

They both felt on cloud nine about being able to have dates like this again. Quality time was never an issue, but being able to spend money on luxuries such as nice dinners was something they were getting used to again.

"So what's the news on Houston?"

"Everything seems to be going smooth. O wants me to go down there with him next weekend to checkout the venue. I went to the library to finish up the flyer so I'm gonna send that over to him tomorrow." Von couldn't wipe the smile off of his face as he spoke about his new gig.

"That's so good baby. Any big names?"

"A few. Monaleo and Uzi gone pop out. Durk too. It'll be real good if Megan thee Stallion came though. She'll draw out a whole new crowd."

"Oh my God, I love Megan. I wanna let her drive the boat."

"That's all she better be doing." Von replied, taking a sip of his wine.

"Boy please. Are you paying for these appearances?"

"Nah, and that's the crazy part. Most promoters do. But they just fuck with me. Sometimes it's good for them too because they either promoting an album, or they want to announce a tour, shit like that."

Saavia just nodded, smiling at her boyfriend's new found passion. It was so beautiful to witness.

"Any dessert for the lovely couple?"