Cuatro

"When did you start lying to me?"

"Saavia, you got me lookin' right! What lace bitch?"

"You know I don't play that. Only scalp over here." Both girls laughed as Saavia pulled her own lace.

"Take my picture real quick please." Brooke handed her iPhone 12 to Saavia as she began to pose.

"Brooke, you are so pretty girl

"Brooke, you are so pretty girl." Saavia complimented as she shoved all her combs and curlers into her duffel.

"Girl that's all you. I wish you had a Instagram, you would be killin' these bitches."  Saavia just shook her head.

If she had a dollar for every-time someone told her that, her and Dayvon could get out that hotel.

But even when she had a phone, she didn't care for social media. She didn't like people she didn't know in her business. She didn't like the fake personas and lifestyles people were portraying. And she especially didn't like the sense of entitlement and boldness that people got over a phone screen.

"Here you go sis." Brooke pushed the money in Saavia's hand.

"This is $200, it's only $50." Brooke waved her off.

"It's a tip. And you should be charging way more anyway." Saavia began to counter her but Brooke already moved onto the next subject.

"My friend India would love for you to do her hair for her man's concert he has coming up. Could you do it?"

"When?" She pulled out her paper calendar.

"Could you do August 9th at 11?" Saavia sighed.

"That's Dayvon's birthday." She shook her head.

"Damn. This is a good client to have. But it's okay boo, there will be more opportunities." Saavia nodded her head, finally sipping up her duffel and swinging it over her shoulder.

"I'm driving you back home."

"Brooke it's okay you don't need-"

"Girl bye. It's too late for you to be on the bus anyway.