Chapter 2

Autobot Base

It has now been a week since (C/n) has been brought to the base.

So far, he has kept his end of his new contract with the Autobots. Over the course of the week, Ratchet pinpointed two heavily guarded energon mines held by the Decepticons, and with a little knowhow in demolitions, sabotage, and precise timing, the group was able to hit two massive deals of energon deposits that had set them up for months now. Granted (C/n) did take a great deal for himself, but it was still a greater amount than before.

For now though, Bulkhead and Bumblebee were scouting out a signal coming from the Arctic north. Despite them being made of metal and wiring instead of flesh and bone, the Autobots still had to be careful not to stay in the freezing cold too long so as not to fall victim to stasis lock of their systems.

As they were walking, Bee beeped to Bulkhead, asking how much farther they needed to go.

Bulkhead: "Not long now. Should just be just below us." He called out.

Coming to a drop, the Autobots skidded down the slope and looked around to find out where the energy source was. As Bulkhead looked at his scanner, Bumblebee suddenly got his attention and pointed to the ground. In the ice was some kind of device of alien origin, most likely Cybertronian.

Back at the base, Bulkhead and Bumblebee were going through a defrosting procedure that Ratchet was making them go through.

Bulkhead: "(Sigh), really doc, we're fine. It was just a bit of cold." He said, pulling some plugs off him.

Ratchet: "Up, up, up! You know standard procedure during missions involving freezing temperatures! The only way to know if you really are alright, is if you go through standard defrosting protocol." He snapped, not wanting to take any chances.

It was then that Optimus, Arcee, and (C/n) came walking in, learning about the results of Bulkhead and Bumblebee's scouting mission.

Optimus: "Ratchet, have you been able to identify what the device they brought back is?" He asked.

Ratchet: "Not yet. We'll only know once the ice melts it to find out its contents." He answered.

Little did they know, however, that at said device that was half way melted from the ice, there was a large banging sound coming from it. After a few moments, something dented one area of the device, until finally, a menacing claw punched through the metal...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After going through the protocols, Optimus and Arcee decided to investigate the area Bulk and Bee came from, with (C/n) staying behind as it didn't really concern him that much.

Ratchet: "Heating modules in place. They won't keep you warm forever, but they will extend the duration you can be out there. Just remember: when your core temperatures fall into the blue zone, system failure isn't likely. It's imminent." He explained as Optimus and Arcee's Autobot symbols blinked blue.

It was at that moment that Bulkhead and Bumblebee drove in with the kids in tow.

Miko: "Miss us, doc bot and merc-a-con?" She asked.

(C/n) rolled his optics and turned towards the others. "What are the humans doing here? Shouldn't they be in a school?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

Miko: "On a Saturday? We have the whole day off to spend time with you guys. Now you can see what having fun on Earth has to offer." She explained as she headed for the area they hung out at.

Jack: "Wasn't expecting a carpool, Arcee. What gives?" He asked his guardian.

Arcee: "Scouting team, Jack. It's my turn for exploration duty."