help

TW- abuse!!⚠️⚠️
It's kind of a reoccurring theme throughout the majority of the chapter, but ill put text to indicate when it's mostly stops being talked about, so if you need to skip, please do!
———————

Wilbur sat crisscrossed in Alex's room. He was in the center, he curiously looked around. He tried his best to tune out the arguing happening right outside. It was in Spanish, so he didn't understand what was being said, anyway. He picked up on some words, but not enough to actually make sense of any of it.
Alex's room was small, and cluttered. The walls were blue, he had posters of musicians, and sticky notes with random thoughts, and polaroids of him and his friends covering up a majority of his walls. He had papers, magazines, and clothes covering his carpeted floor, the papers contained doodles and writings on them.

There was an open window with an ash tray on the desk next to it. The desk had a small laptop, with even more papers, an assortment of pens and colored pencils, soda cans, and wrappers covering the surface of his white desk. Wilbur looked over to his bed, which had dark blue covers and white sheets, it was unmade and had a Walkman with big bulky headphones connected to it. On a shelf holding his TV (which looked pretty banged up) he had a stereo that looked like it was made in the early 2000s. Billie Jean by MJ was paused.

Alex's room was a far cry from Wilbur's, his room having white walls, a white vanity mirror, a white bed frame, and white sheets. Alex's colorful room put Wilbur's room into perspective.

"Damn, my room looks like a hospital" he  mumbled under his breath.
Wilbur looked over at the papers on Alex's floor, a lot of the writing was in Spanish, but some was in English. From what he could read, he saw;

"I don't know why I am just now noticing how his glasses frame his face so well. And how his hair doesn't actually look like a mop, it looks so fluffy and cute! His British accent also stopped making me want to tear my ears off and then remove his vocal chords, it makes me melt. It's kinda hot, like- if I was in a coma, and he started singing, I would wake up just to shake my ass."

Wilbur giggled at the last comment. The doodle on the paper looked just like Wilbur on the day him and Alex first went to detention together. Wilbur assumed Alex had ripped that page out of a diary or journal, seeing as it was dated. Wilbur couldn't really read it from where he was sitting, so he crawled over to the paper to see the date. It was, in fact, the first day Alex and Wilbur went to detention together. Wilbur smiled, Alex also thought he was cute.

⚠️HEAVY DISCUSSION  AND DISPLAYS OF ABUSE⚠️

Just as Wilbur started to inspect more papers, he heard something from outside the door. It was Alex. he was screaming;

"AGH, FUCK!" It was muffled, but he heard Alex's voice crack. He then heard hard footsteps approaching the door, then Alex yelled

"YOU FREAKS ARE FUCKING INSANE." Alex entered the room with tears in his eyes, a red slap mark on his face, and blood coming from his nose. As soon as the door closed, he crumbled onto the floor in tears, Wilbur frantically got up and walked to Alex.

"I-It's okay!" Wilbur put his arms around Alex, and started to slowly rock back and forth in a soothing manner.

"I-I just wanted to have my friend over! God! He always takes it too far-"
"Who does?"
"My fucking dad! He came in, didn't know anything about what was happening, heard I was arguing and- and 'talking back to my mom' then just fucking punched me, he's fucking insane. My mom had already fucking slapped me, and he just laid a punch on my goddamn nose" Wilbur must've missed another person walking in the apartment. Wilbur continued to sit and comfort Alex. Offering him words of encouragement, running his fingers through his hair, hugging him, and letting Alex vent and cry to him.

Alex talked about how his parents were assholes who were would hit him, throw things, argue with him, and a lot more of physical and mental abuse. Wilbur's heart ached hearing what his friend was put through. It filled him with rage, knowing the two assholes right outside the door were hurting the person he cared about. But, he couldn't do anything, which made him feel helpless. All he could do was sit on the floor, with Alex in his arms, whispering encouraging words as he cried.

When Alex stopped crying, and settled his breathing, he sat up and dried his eyes.
"Thank you, Wilbur. I'm sorry all this happened, I didn't even think my parents would be home this early."
"That's okay. Hey, do you wanna sleep over at my house, tonight?" Alex looked up and sniffled.
"Yeah! Yknow what, I'd like that." They smiled at each other.
"We should go now." Alex sniffled.

"Since I'm on the first floor, so we can just leave out the window, my car is in the parking lot, and I have my keys. Let me just grab some stuff." Wilbur watched as Alex got a bag, put changes of clothes, his toothbrush, pajamas, his sketchbook, his backpack for school the next day, and other stuff he'd need. Once Alex was all packed up, he nodded to Wilbur, before opening his window wider, popping off the screen, and climbing out. Wilbur followed.

"Yknow, this will be rough for me. I'm leaving my cigarettes here." Alex remarked as he walked to his car, Wilbur chuckled.
"I bet." They smiled at each other, before they climbed into the car, Alex put Wilbur's house in his gps, and began to drive.

⚠️DISCUSSION OF ABUSE IS OVER!!!! safe to keep reading!

—————
The car ride to Wilbur's house wasn't awkward at all, as they got a conversation started, it really started to flow, and they got comfortable with each other. It was gorgeous out, the sun was setting, making the ride feel comforting. However, as the car ride continued, Wilbur was itching to ask Alex something.

"Hey, uhm, Alex?"
"Yeah?"
"I- I know you were uncomfortable that one time that girl was hitting on you, and-" Alex cut Wilbur off.

"Oh, yeah. Well, you would be too if you were in that situation." Alex proclaimed smugly. Wilbur rolled his eyes.

"Well, yeah. But you didn't let me finish. Do you feel that way with every girl?"

....silence

"Yeah. I- I do."