Cold Summer Nights

Hi all🙏 this is my first actual fanfic lol, this chapter will mainly just be a prologue to give context! Just wanted to clear smth up rq tho!
I use the names of the CCs (I.e using Alex instead of Quackity) but that doesn't mean I'm shipping the real CCs I'm just using their names b/c I like it better than their usernames, (except for foolish but that's whatever) but however keep in mind that I am shipping their characters and not the CCs!
Ok on w/ the story :P

————

The mansion was cold at night. The cool breeze would flow in through open windows and throughout the house. The large walls cluttered with paintings and rare artifacts that were found many years ago were stuck to the wall as a reminder of the accomplishments of the Soot family line. A breeze was pushed into the room that Wilbur slept in.

Wilbur woke up and shuddered. He groggily got up and made his way to the open window, he quickly shut it. Then walked back to bed and laid down. The summer was burning hot in the day, but freezing cold at night. That's why he always stayed inside, he had all he needed right where he was. A laptop to watch videos and entertain himself, books to study with, food to eat, a big bathroom, he hardly ever had a moment where he couldn't get what he wanted when he wanted it.

And Wilbur knew he was privileged although he missed his younger brother, Tommy. Tommy went to live with Wilbur's father after him and his mother divorced. Wilbur stayed with his mother, he liked it where he was at, but Tommy didn't like living in a small town even if it was in a mansion. it was on a hill even further away from society. A farm in rural Colorado, USA that was at least a 20 minute drive away from any society. he wanted big and bold. They promised they'd send each other letters, but after a while, the letters stopped coming. Wilbur's mother was busy running her own business, she was barely ever home. The only company Wilbur had was his own thoughts, and the maids that lived in the mansion with him.

Wilbur was on summer break, a break before his senior year, last year of high school. Wilbur's father had signed Wilbur up for the most prestigious and preppy k-12 school in their small town; Royal Oak Academy. Although, you wouldn't know it from the students, they were loud, messy, obnoxious , and not very... bright. Especially, Alex Quackity. The most annoying of them all (he's also the shortest of them all). Ever since he enrolled in the school in 6th grade, he's made Wilbur's life just a little bit worse. Alex came into the school and immediately everyone loved him, he just had that sort of personality that people get drawn to. He's very charismatic, funny, and although Wilbur would never admit it, Alex was (and still is) attractive.

In fact, at first Wilbur wanted to be friends with him, but, Alex just didn't seem to take a liking to him. Wilbur was awkward, quiet, and had a dry sense of humor, which was in direct contrast to Alex. Wilbur recognized this, and didn't try to worm his way into Alex's friend group. One day in 7th grade , Wilbur had been zoned out completely while carrying a lunch tray, and he accidentally slammed into Alex, spilling all the food he was carrying onto his shirt. The whole cafeteria erupted into laughter, Alex's face turned into a bright shade of red as he looked around, then at Wilbur, who sheepishly apologized, and ever since, Alex had a strong vendetta against Wilbur and anyone he associated with.

At least every other day, Alex and his friends would find some way to make Wilbur's day ever so slightly harder. Wilbur was already swamped with school work and his own thoughts of self doubt, and hearing Alex remark on how Wilbur couldn't get his hair to behave, or how he had all those maids but still couldn't get one to iron his shirt, Along with many other insults about things so small that only Alex could notice.

Thinking about having to go back to school made Wilbur want to tear his hair out, but knowing it was only for one more year made him feel free. Wilbur had his license, and he had his parent's money. His mother had so much money she was able to just hand him 100 bucks and not think much of it, so he knew if he wanted to leave the US he could. But Wilbur didn't have the drive to leave, again, he had everything he needed here. One of the only things he hated about his situation was school, and that would be over soon. Oh god, what would he do when school was over? Going to college wasn't his main priority, his whole life he just assumed he would live in his mansion, living off of his parent's money. But he wasn't sure that would work.

All this thinking about his future made his head hurt. He decided to get some sleep, he started school again in a few days, he needed to get his sleep schedule back in check.