in trouble (?)

Alex and Wilbur were still arguing five minutes later, Phil had attempted to stop them, but eventually he just gave up. A couple more seconds later, and Phil finally got fed up and yelled;
"OKAY, THATS ENOUGH. YOU ARE IN MY OFFICE I WILL NOT TAKE THIS DISRESPECT." Both Wilbur and Alex stopped yelling and looked at their Principal, Wilbur looked in fear, while Alex looked blankly.
"Now, I don't even care what happened, you two are INSUFFERABLE. Wilbur, I would not expect this from you! It is the first month, and you two are already causing problems. You both have after school detention for 3 weeks."
"Ain't no way, bruh it ain't even my fault-" Alex began to say annoyed but Phill cut him off
"No. Alex, do you want to make it a month?"
"No sir, I just can't understand why-" Alex started to say nonchalantly.
"enough." Phil replied in the firmest voice he could offer.

Alex tried to seem unbothered, but Phil could recognize the mix of annoyance and fear in his voice. Wilbur had that specific glossy look in his eye that was only present for people who were about to cry.

"Now you two will spend the rest of the day in my office. I didn't think I would be having to do this for SENIORS, but I am legally required to contact your parents." Phil said before pointing to two chairs closer to the corner of the room, they were right next to each other, however, Phil thought that since it was in the same room as him, if anything happened, he would be able to watch, and stop it.

Alex crossed his arms, and looked away angrily. Wilbur leaned back and looked at the ceiling, he couldn't believe what he got himself into, he would be afraid of the punishment his mom would give him, but he honestly didn't think she cared. After about a few minutes, Phil spoke up;
"Alex," Alex looked up
"Come here." Alex looked at Wilbur confused, Will just shrugged in response. Alex got up and shuffled over to Phil. Wilbur couldn't hear what was happening very clearly, but he could clearly hear Alex's attempts at whispering.
"Alex, you've gotten into way too many fights. Ever since 6th grade you've gotten into trouble. Why is that?" Phil had a look of concern on his face. Alex sighed
"I dunno, these dumb ahh kids keep provoking me."
"Well, Alex, either way, I need to schedule a meeting with your parents-"
"My mom. Just my mom, please."
"Oh? How come?"
"Um- Sh- She's just the only one-" Alex paused and took a breath.
"She's the only one that's ever free."
"Alex be honest with me, are the problems with your dad still going on?" Phil had a look of pity
"No, sir. Everything is doin' fine, My- My mom is just the person that would work best"
"Alright, Alex. How about Friday at 6 pm. We got a deal?"
"Yes, sir."
Alex begrudgingly came back to his seat, and although it wasn't very clear, Wilbur swore he could hear Alex mumble "fuck, man my parents are gonna beat me." Right as he flopped onto the seat.

Alex and Wilbur sat there, eventually Phil offered a coloring book, Alex grabbed it, and just began to aggressively scribble in the book. Wilbur was just fine daydreaming. However, the whole time, Alex looked like he was deep in thought. Every once in a while he would look at Wilbur, then look back at his coloring book with a serious expression.
—————
"Alright, boys. It's 2:40 pm you two can go pack up your things, and, Wilbur your driver will be here by 3?
"Yes, sir."
"Okay, and Alex the bus is leaving a little later than usual, it's leaving at 3:20 instead of 3:15, so as long as you're ready by then you'll be fine, okay?"
"Okay."
"Alrighty then, Will you both be able to get a ride that can come at 4:20?"
Wilbur simply nodded, while Alex stated;
"I can see? If not, I can just walk"
"You sure?" Phil asked
"Yeah, I'll be good."
"Okay then, see you both tomorrow."
They both waved and walked to their lockers. It was an awkward walk, since their lockers were fairly close to each other. Everyone else was in class, the principal seemed to have let them out much earlier than he should've. Wilbur was lost in thought when Alex turned and sheepishly offered an apology
"Yo, um.. Will, I-" he took a deep breath
"I'm sorry, arite. I just- I'm going thru a lot. I have been my whole life, and, I just- I dunno, man. Sorry for it all I guess."
Alex was averting eye contact.
"Ah, so you had a sudden change of heart?" Alex looked up after Wilbur said this, he nervously nodded. Wilbur scoffed at Alex's hopeful eyes.
"Well, fuck you, asshole. That's literally all I have to say." Wilbur stated this in a harsh tone. Alex's eyes went from looking expecting, to shocked and slightly disappointed.
"Oh! Shit, you were blunt with that, weren't you- well... y'know what. That's fair." The rest of the walk was even more  awkward. However, Wilbur felt avenged. He felt proud, while Alex felt small and defeated.
—————
When Wilbur got in his Driver's car, he was exhausted, he sadly told the driver what had happened.

"Oh, Well, Mr. Soot it very clearly isn't your fault. However, you must serve your detention for arguing. I will pick you up at the later time."
Wilbur sighed in relief, he was hoping he wouldn't be in trouble, and luckily, he wasn't.
"Thank you."
——————
When Wilbur climbed into bed, he looked out his window at the setting sun. The view was beautiful. He could see the forest that was surrounding his family's farmland. It was a huge field with green grass, that surprisingly hadn't been killed, surrounding the field, was a Lucious green forest.

His room was facing the backyard, of sorts. Wilbur opened his window to feel the breeze of the fresh evening air. He caught himself thinking of Alex. His conversation with principal Phil was concerning. Wilbur then shook his head

"Why should I care? He never seemed to care about my problems." Wilbur still frowned. He couldn't convince himself.
He decided to take a nap before dinner. His eyes felt heavy as he slowly drifted off to sleep, the sound of crickets came from his window.