Forever Always

[Happy holidays, everyone, from December 2023!]

Karina heard the floor creak as Winter tiptoed her way to the bed. That first embrace when she returned was what Karina lived for. It meant that Winter was safe and that she still loved her. Given what Winter's life was like, sometimes Karina worried that Winter would become bored with her. Why would a spy who traveled the world fighting villains want to stay with a failed singer?

Meanwhile, Winter had her arms around her girlfriend and was stroking her hair and wondering why such a smart, talented artist would ever want to stay with an illiterate murderer. Winter felt like she was in a vice. She wanted to tell Karina everything, but how could she? What other assassins and agents couldn't do to her -- namely, kill her -- Karina could do in a heartbeat. All it would take would be for Winter to return from a mission and find all her possessions on the porch. Not even Well could save her.

When Karina awoke the next morning Winter was gone, probably out for a run. Karina stared at the ceiling and smiled. They would have so much fun while she was home. Her first day back was always pizza night. Then binging shows. Karina had become hooked on The Great British Bake Off, and while Winter didn't care for TV, she loved watching Karina watch TV.

The door opened. "Karina?"

"Yeah baby?"

"I was going to go for a run but forgot how sore I am, so I stopped after two blocks and got some coffee and those curved pastry things you like."

"You mean croissants?" Karina asked.

Winter laughed. "That's the goofiest name for a roll or donut or whatever it is. I speak French and it still sounds silly."

"Wait... you speak French!?!"

"Yes."

"I have so many questions! First, any others?"

"German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, English, and Korean, of course."

"How did I just find this out after dating you for so long?"

"I don't know... it just never came up, and I never really think about it much. When I need it, the language just... just comes out of my mouth."

Karina winked. "Later tonight I'm going to need you to speak French to me."

"Is that all you think about?"

"When you're home, yes."

"Me too," Winter said. "I'm not sure if I told you, but you're the first person I've ever been... ever been with. I hope... I hope you know how special that is to me. I wasn't alive before I met you. I'm changing. It's confusing, but I think I'm growing."

"You're my first, too, and I'm so grateful that it was you. I have an idea!"

"What?" Winter asked, blushing.

"Let's get married. Tomorrow. Korea won't recognize the marriage, but who cares -- we're not in Korea. So, Kim Min-jeong, will you marry me?"

Winter was speechless for a moment. She took a deep breath and screamed "Of course! Of course! I will marry you, Yu Ji-min! Tomorrow! I'm getting married! We're getting married! I'm going to be your... I'm going to be your wife!"

The two women kissed passionately.

. . . . .

The next day, they returned home from the local courthouse where they had been married. Karina kissed Winter and went to take a shower. Winter couldn't stop looking at the marriage certificate. She set it on the floor, lay down next to it, and dreamily rubbed it with her fingers. What was it? How had she gotten to this place? What had she done to deserve Karina?

She smiled when she remembered that she'd have to update the CIA that she now had a spouse. If something happened to her, the Agency could now make arrangements with Karina. But Parker probably knew she was married already.

Karina walked into the room in a bathrobe, drying her wet hair. "What are you doing?" she laughed.

Winter rolled onto her back. "Thinking about you. Thinking about the future. I've never had to look past tomorrow. Now... now it's like the whole world has opened up. For the first time, I'm scared that something could happen to me. I have something to live for now."

"They say fear sharpens your senses. It might actually make you better. Now shut up and come over here and give me a kiss, beautiful."

Winter laughed loudly. "I want to kiss you more than anything, but I can't get off the floor. I'm too sore!"

Karina blushed. "Then I'll just join you and we can look at the certificate together, Mrs Kim!"

Mrs Kim. Mrs Yu. Happiness. Just don't die.

Arkangel || A Winter / Karina / WinRina Adventureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें